Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Martinez actually coming off an unoffical loss to face Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the grossly under-rated Murray beating Sergio by a point. It wasn't a robbery.

I had Murray beating Sturm too

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Abed View Post
      Scored it for Sergio by one point. It could have gone either way.
      ^^^^^ This

Comment

I think I scored it 115-112 or 114-113 when scoring it live, Sergio won rounds 1-4, 7, 11, and 12, Murray won 6,8, 10. Rounds 5 and 9 were close and could have been scored either way. I also think Sergio's bad knees and the fact that they were fighting in an open-door stadium in the middle of a thunderstorm probably played a role in the fight.

Murray stepped on Martinez's foot (as he was backing away) in the first knockdown, and clearly hit Sergio behind the ear for the second knockdown. Murray was also the one holding on in the last two rounds. Martinez had his worst performance at 160 and Murray fought better than a lot of people were expecting him too, although he definitely didn't show a champion's mentality in the championship rounds.

Comment

Close fight that Murray clearly won

Comment

He didn't necessarily lose but he was knocked down twice and looked bad, which is why cotto choose him at this point in his career. 2 years ago cotto wouldn't go anywhere near maravilla.

Comment

Cotto is 1 of the boxers who kept my interest in boxing alive. Back from when he started at Jr. Welter, this guy takes on everyone. Sure, he's lost. But what a fighter.

If he beats Martinez, maybe 1 more and then hang 'em up.

Comment

It wasn't the robbery of the decade or anything but Murray won it. It was on the level of Garcia/Herrera. Pretty clear hometown/house fighter decision.

And Sergio looked terrible out there that night.

Comment

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
                  Murray was lineal champ until Sergey got robbed. So technically khomitsky is 1 guy at 160 but he is fighting at 168 now so the lineal title is vacant.
                  Khomitsky hasn't made his intentions clear that he's leaving 160 permanently. You can't strip him of the lineal title that soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                    IIRC, I had Martinez winning 114-113.

A very close fight and certainly one of Sergio's worst performances due to the re-injuring of the knee and the wet conditions in the ring.
                    I also had Sergio up one. And fighting in what was basically a storm couldnt have been good.

Comment

I scored it closely. I thought Sexy Sergio won by a point, but have no qualms with people saying Murray won. He executed a great gameplan and had 2 kds.

Comment

Working...
                      X