No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” – Erik Morales: He Asked For It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” – Erik Morales: He Asked For It

by David P. Greisman - He asked for it – and he asked for it at a time when we were asking questions of him.

What little did Erik Morales have left? Why would he choose Marcos Maidana as his latest comeback opponent? How long would he last against Maidana? And how badly would he get hurt?

Morales asked for it – and he asked for it because he already knew the answers to those questions.

He had enough left after a great but grueling career that he could still pose an honest challenge to one of the top fighters at junior welterweight, that he could still pose a hard challenge against one of the toughest fighters in the division.

He had enough left, at least, to face Maidana, a fighter whose power made up for his predictability, whose unrelenting advances made up for his unrefined skills.

Except Morales saw it the other way around. Rather than those traits being flaws that Maidana had succeeding in overcoming, they were weaknesses for undermining Maidana, weaknesses that others had failed to fully exploit.

Morales would last, then, for as long as his strategy allowed, and for as long as his body did, too. What remained physically would be key for applying the mental aspects of the fight game. And the mental aspects of the fight game would help him make up for what was no longer physically there. [Click Here To Read More]

Everyone is excited like erik is back hes not hes old and took a pounding he gave heart and fought with hard punches to show madaina he wasnt a push over but I feel bad because this fight took alot out of him and probably makes it easier for jmm to end his career if they fightmadaina will always be wild and look bad but he prevails with heart and power

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
      Everyone is excited like erik is back hes not hes old and took a pounding he gave heart and fought with hard punches to show madaina he wasnt a push over but I feel bad because this fight took alot out of him and probably makes it easier for jmm to end his career if they fightmadaina will always be wild and look bad but he prevails with heart and power
      Erik has more balls and heart in his pinky then the whole Jotto fam does with miguel and his gay ass son SMH

Comment

Just stfu already, I'm sure you were sayin Erik was done before the Maidana fight. Give credit where credit is due, biatch!!! Morales humbled ur a$$ you just won't admit it. You ain't no boxing fan, you just a Cotto fangirl.

Comment

Morales gassed out in the last two rounds and thats what cost him the fight. He fought bravely but came up short. Morales is not even the shadow he once was but enough to almost beat one of the best in the world right now. Mexicans are real warriors!!!

Comment

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/1...orales-maidana
            completely agree with doug fischer, especially about maidana:
            How did this guy stop 27 out of 29 opponents without knowing how to plant his feet correctly? He’s basically been clubbing good fighters into submission with arm punches. If he had Morales’ technique he’d be a one-punch KO artist for sure.
            hopefully chino can walk away from this fight having learned a thing or two from the aged veteran.

Comment

I was surprised that there was not a k.o. with the way both fighters were exchanging blows. Maidana was doing everything possible to k.o. him.

Comment

Greisman had Chavez fight the other way around.

Jesus Chavez as i remember is the one who fought with one arm againts Morales

Comment

Maidana Arguably beat Amir Khan and is at worse the number three ranked Jr. Middleweight in the world.

Erik can still fight.

Comment

Originally posted by miron_lang View Post

Greisman had Chavez fight the other way around.

Jesus Chavez as i remember is the one who fought with one arm againts Morales
                    You're right... Damn. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X