Collapse
No announcement yet.

**the official la lakers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and he needs to stop complaining about touches.

kobe is a ballhog but he's been passing.

nash is always looking to pass.

dwight doesn't get the ball because he doesn't move.

he doesn't go get the ball, he doesn't set his picks right, he doesn't move to improve passing angle.

he just wants to stand there and wait for the ball (and the defender waits for it too)

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      of course we want to keep him. he just needs to learn.

besides just on athletic ability (even at less than healthy) he's worth a max deal.

it's just he doesn't know how to play basketball. i don't think they taught him anything in orlando.

he doesn't even know how to block out and rebound tbh.
      Idk I think him being there is toxic. Regardless I'd be surprised if he doesn't sign elsewhere at the end of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
        Idk I think him being there is toxic. Regardless I'd be surprised if he doesn't sign elsewhere at the end of the season.
        the reason he's toxic is he doesn't understand and he's surrounded by yes men.

he's probably the 3rd or 4th option on this team but he doesn't get it.

kobe, nash and gasol are better offensive options. jamison and clark is better tbh, certainly jamison who is very smart offensively.

but dwight thinks he's hakeem or kareem or something.

play D, get 3-4 blocks and 15-20 rebounds a game and he's a superstar. the modern bill russell. get rings and get paid. who cares how much you score?

but dwight doesn't get it.

remember when kobe last year said dwight can be his tyson chandler? how dwight can be 3rd option behind him and pau?

everyone laughed. but kobe was right.

if the lakers had tyson chandler instead of dwight, lakers wouldn't be sub .500 right now.

tyson chandler knows his role.

Comment

i thought the lakers played well for the most part.

offensively and defensively.

end of a 7 game road trip, missing pau.

they played great D and slowed the game on O.

they just needed to rebound better and cut down on TO.

i blame most of that on dwight tbh.

dwight is great. he just needs to learn some post moves, learn how to catch, learn to set picks, learn to roll, learn to get open, learn to move without the ball, learn to shoot free throws, learn to block out, learn to rebound.

jesus. wtf did they not teach him in orlando? fecking kwame brown 2.0
          does dwight's back surgery erase his memories?

dwight leads the league in rebounds when in orlando --- check
          have the georgetown bigman move in orlando--- check
          moves well w/o the ball creating scoring opportunities --- check
          FTs, forget it.. he's getting worst in orlando..

the kid is pouting.. his body language speaks a lot. he hates playing alongside kobe and i think the feeling is mutual..

dwight in LA is like oil and water..

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
            Perhaps a trade is in order....

Comment

• Lakers are a hot mess right now. Amazing how the tone changes around here though just a few months later lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                Lakers are a hot mess right now. Amazing how the tone changes around here though just a few months later lol.
                try game to game........

Comment

let's see how lebron is 8 years from now when he's kobe's age.
                  first off its 6 years not 8.

and I hope you're not saying that Kobe 6 years ago was better than Lebron is now.

and I think LeBron even 10 years from now is gonna be very effective. Lebron's priority is winning by any means so he will adjust his game.

My best guess would be Lebron turning more into a real PG in his mid to late 30's averaging 22pts 10asts 6.5rebs a night. Using more picks like a real PG rather than playing straight up. Lebron will be just as lethal but in a different way when he gets older IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post

and I hope you're not saying that Kobe 6 years ago was better than Lebron is now.

and I think LeBron even 10 years from now is gonna be very effective. Lebron's priority is winning by any means so he will adjust his game.

My best guess would be Lebron turning more into a real PG in his mid to late 30's averaging 22pts 10asts 6.5rebs a night. Using more picks like a real PG rather than playing straight up. Lebron will be just as lethal but in a different way when he gets older IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post

what? 6 not 8? that is so off. almost seems like someone is just estimating based on around how many years apart they seem to have started their career.

and yes "let's see how lebron is 8 years from now" means kobe is better.

and yes as lebron slows down that means he'll be a point guard even though everyone else in history moves up in position as they get older and slower.

fecking idiot. as always.

Comment

Working...
                      X