Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Margo "eyeing" a comeback.....

Margo "eyeing" a comeback.....

intended......

Can he still make noise in his div? thread to Cotto Nello, etc etc??? do you want him to comeback??

what say you???

http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/6/11...otto-or-canelo

Antonio Margarito hasn't fought since a stoppage loss to Miguel Cotto back in 2011, in a fight that proved his right eye could no longer hold up to any form of punishment. It was the same eye that Manny Pacquiao had basically smashed into a pulp a year prior, and swelled up profusely the moment Cotto had landed his first clean left hand. On doctor's orders and with partial visibility, Margarito hung up the gloves and walked away from the sport.

But any of us that are familiar with boxing knows that stories rarely end like this, and that fighters almost always feel the need to come back once again and compete (even when it probably isn't the best idea). Margarito is no exception to the rule, stating he's about 90% sure he'll be making a comeback to boxing at at either junior middleweight or middleweight.

"I need to talk to my family, I have an itch," Margarito explained to ESPN Deportes. "I have seen how this dude (Daniel Geale) fought Cotto and I could do better retired. I thought yes because my eye is one hundred percent, but I need to talk it over with my family first.

"Right now, I'm up to 175 pounds, but I need to get down to 154 or 160 pounds as they are the most interesting divisions. The most important thing here is that of my eye, but I'm fine and my doctor gave me the green light to fight."

I really wonder what kind of doctor would clear Margs to come back to this unforgiving sport after he pretty clearly suffered what should be a career ending eye injury - but then again, I'm no medical doctor. All I do know is that Margarito is already pirate-eying the likes of Miguel Cotto and Canelo Alvarez.

"Obviously I'd like to go to the elite and I'll fight anyone, Cotto, Canelo, whoever they say is the best, but before I return to fight, I have to make sure it does not seem like a crazy idea and that me and my family feel good in all aspects.

"Now that Cotto has been able to fight (at middleweight) and they say now with Freddie Roach he is a monster, let's see, let me make a fight and see if it's true," added Margarito.

I still think that all the people contemplating comebacks (Margarito, De La Hoya, Mosley, etc.) should be forced to face Gennady Golovkin straight away just to establish how serious they are about fighting again. To me, that would be the easiest and most efficient way to weed out the pretenders and save everyone else's time.

If that doesn't work, tell me, who's up for Cotto-Margarito III - a bout where we may even get to see Margs unretire his infamous handwraps?

A trilogy with cotto would be awesome.

Comment

Boxing isn't like riding a bike, you don't do it, you get rusty. Marg needs to stay retired unless he needs the money but I heard he actually took care of the money he made.

Comment

Cotto's reaction to being asked about a third fight against his father:

Comment

Margo vs GGG
          Margo vs Canelo
          Margo vs ODH
          Margo vs Mayorga

He's got a few fights he can get paid with.

Comment

Originally posted by Malgus View Post

cotto will avoid him like he does everyone else

Comment

Maybe he can come back in time for Floyds last fight. lol

Comment

Margo "eyeing" a comeback.....

intended......

Comment

If he does come back it should be oldies vs oldies. Like Mayorga or Shane Mosley, etc. Getting in the ring with Alvarez, Cotto, or GGG would just get him seriously hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Malgus View Post

Didn't Cotto **** up this cheating bum. Who wants to see the third fight, honestly?

Comment

Working...
                    X