Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo stops Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto had a better shot beating Canelo with Pedro Diaz. Canelo is faster and stronger than Cotto both have C+ stamina. It would be a firefight and one that Cotto would lose in exciting fashion just my opinion.

Comment

I got a lot of love for Cotto, but I think Canelo wins.

Comment

This was delven Rodrigues not Canelo.

Canelo beats cotto down and cashes him out

Comment

couldn't stop matt hatton.... cotto knows how to survive when has to..... canelo's no margarito in terms of pressure

Comment

I don't think last night's fight is enough to go on, but if Cotto is truly somewhat revitalized, I think he could beat the kid. Canelo is a relatively stationary fighter with stamina issues, and we can't be sure he even takes a solid punch that well. Plus, a kid with stamina issues taking vicious hooks to the body isn't a great combination.

It's really a question of how much Cotto really has left in the tank, and whether he's really all that well-suited to 154 in the first place.

The so-called "Joke Coach Roach" is thus far doing a great job getting Cotto to use what has always worked for him best.

Comment

Without a debt Cotto would beat Canelo. The kid barely moves his feet. He only showed he can move his head in his fight against Trout who isnt known to be a hard puncher. Cotto takes this by UD and further sets back Alvarez' career. Keep Canelo away from Cotto if you want to keep marketing him as the next big thing.

Comment

at this point, canelo would shred cottos face.

canelo hasnt even reached his prime yet. cotto won a match against shawn porters sparring partner.

cottos hooks are way too predictable, too wide, too easy to counter.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
                  they both pass out by the tenth round.
                  Lol nice one

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                    canelo's chin hasn't been tested by a strong puncher...i could very well see cotto catching canelo with a hard left hook just like his less talented and smaller brother did..

@1:20

That should have been called a knockdown, Canelo was held up by the ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
                      I was half expecting this to be about how Nelo stops him with his snake
                      lmaooo this...and I agree with OP.

Comment

Working...
                      X