Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 1 game you want NON-GAMERS to play?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 1 game you want NON-GAMERS to play?

What's the one game you want people who haven't played games before to play and understand the beauty of gaming? Can be any game on any generation.

Mine has to be The Last of Us.

Why?

Graphics - Very impressive, when I first saw it on PS3 I couldn't believe we could get something so visually impressive on something with such dated hardware.
    Atmosphere - Post-apocalyptic look of the map throughout the game made you feel as though were literally a part of the World. Combined with great music really immersed me in the game.
    Gameplay - Whilst it didn't feel revolutionary, it felt tight and every item you had in your inventory felt as though it was important due to it's differing effects on the enemies. You had to use your head to get past certain enemies via stealth mechanics and it also gave you a chance to change up your gamestyle to how you preferred to play, I preferred to play more aggressively others I know who utilised stealth more. The lack of ammo meant you had to play conservatively and use your head more than the average CoD player would like but rather than it annoying you it just enhanced your feeling of accomplishment.
    Dialogue - Every thing was on point, it usually is from Naughty Dog when it comes to dialogue to be fair. There were meaningful relationships formed, funny moments and obviously plenty of drama and moments which brought about a lot of emotion.

I recommend The Last of Us to ALL gamers too. One of the best experience I have had gaming EVER. It could be challenging and gripping at the same time.

Honorable mention has to go out to The Witcher 3. Awesome game with the best graphics I have ever seen, with a huge map, excellent voice acting, phenomenal music and pretty cool fighting system once you learn how to use every thing.

Last of us is amazing

but Max Payne 3(or any in the series) or Red Dead Redemption are also greats

GTA 3, also was so bad ass

if they have the patients id like them to play

Red Dead Redemption, i say patients cause its a lot of horseback riding, but thats what makes it so real
    Last edited by TX_BOXNG; 02-03-2016, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Good question, i'd recommend what I started with, which is sports games (other than Mario and Street Fighter for NES/SNES). I was big on MLB 98+, NBA LIVE 98+, Blitz 2000(N64), and even though it's Entertainment not sport, Wrestlemania 2000(N64), WCW vs NWO World Tour, WCW vs NWO Revenge. Then I gradually got into other titles like Resident Evil, Syphon Filter, Twisted Metal, Golden Eye 007(N64), Turok Dinosaur Hunter(N64), South Park(N64), Cruisin' USA/World. I would recommend sports games, like if I know the person and know what sport they like, I would recommend them that sport. I think they would gradually get into other games after that. Well at least that is what happened to me.

Comment

Yes, I agree to some here. I would say" The Last of Us".

Comment

Telltale walking dead any noob can finish it and the story is better than many shows or movies

Comment

Super Mario World.

Comment

1 of my all time favorite games of all time, Super Metroid.

But I'd go with Rocket League, you gotta try this game

Comment

Bioshock/Red Dead Redemption.

Best games I've ever played!!

Comment

I guess it depends on what you think of a non-gamer

With my girlfriend, who had essentially zero gaming experience her entire life, I got her to start playing games with me by starting out with very basic games like Super Bomberman 2 on SNES and Puzzle Bobble/Bust-A-Move. After that we eventually moved onto Mario Kart: Double Dash on Gamecube but it took a long time since there's so many buttons.

IMO, except for Super Mario World, all the other games listed in this thread would either be way to complex or far too long for her to have the patience to play. The games in this thread seem better for a casual gamer to start going deeper but not a complete "non-gamer" to just dive into.

Comment

Halo V

The first time I played Halo:Combat Evolved on the Xbox, I was instantly hooked to First Person shooters within like 2 minutes and Halo V is the pinnacle of First Person Shooter gameplay.

It's the ultimate evolution and perfection of the genre.

Last edited by DARKSEID; 07-16-2016, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X