No announcement yet.

Boxing Needs More Politically Incorrect Figures Like Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    I'm not saying he's a racist. I'm saying we shouldn't celebrate it if he is.

he's obviously got some racist thoughts in his head. putting a chimp's head on adonis' body is racist.

i sitll think adonis is a worse guy, because he pimped and raped girls, but let's not forgive kovalev for being, at least in some capacity, a racist.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      The sport is one of the few remaining sanctums of masculinity.
      He is a favorite of mine. He doesn't seem politically incorrect or racist to me. He just doesn't take any **** from anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        The sport is one of the few remaining sanctums of masculinity.
        Political incorrectness is not the problem, being racist is.

Comment

Originally posted by jose.sooto View Post
          What the hell are you talking about? we just had Floyd Mayweather Jr who was as politcally incorrect as they come and you guys hated him
          Interesting point. A hard punching destroyer always makes the sport more interesting. Sadly the things he says will likely limit his ability to draw and bring new fans to the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            GGG is mellow. Boxing fans don't like Kellerman. Kovalev is not a draw but neither are most American boxers. Ironically the biggest ***hole of the lot was the biggest draw, so there you go.

He's racist but has a black trainer, a black personal trainer, used to live with a black man. If he's genuinely racist he has an odd way of showing it.

Maybe, just maybe, it's a hypersensitive issue in the Western world and anything remotely construed as racial gets blown out of proportion.
            I get what you are trying to say but they are very poor examples of the point you are trying to make.

Comment

Originally posted by jose.sooto View Post
              What the hell are you talking about? we just had Floyd Mayweather Jr who was as politcally incorrect as they come and you guys hated him
              exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                of course it's a "sensitive issue" in america, where the money for these fights is being generated, and where the TV networks are that pay for them.

you're more likely to be born poor, into a less literate family, and grow up uneducated if you're born black. blacks receive more harsh punishments for the same crime. are several times more likely to be victims of violence or homicide via cop. it takes a couple hundred years to rebound from generations of slavery, then jim crow. or maybe blacks are disproportionately impoverished because it's a problem of blackness?

for some perspective, evander holyfield will tell you that his parents "didn't read." joe louis' parents were sharecroppers.

kovalev, unless it was photoshopped, posted a picture on social media of his son wearing a shirt that put a chimp's head on adonis stevenson's body. calling blacks monkeys is racist. the idea that blacks were biologically inferior [more like a monkey / animal,] was one of the notions that allowed people to justify owning slaves he's either incredibly naive, and wrong for that reason, or he's racist.
                WTF!!!?? You actually believe the bold?

Comment

If he were American I would say this but being Russian I could give him a pass. He might not know any better. I doubt he ever met a Black person before he started boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
                    Its nice to see a fighter who doesnt thank god when he wins. As if god would want 2 guys to puch each other in the face for money, and actually take sides.

Kovalev seems blunt and honest. Has skills, is the champ and somehow gets fights made, even goest to opponents backyards, no diva crap.
                    this is true. but i think it has more to do with upbringing, i mean religion is implanted since children and it's hard to get rid of it that simple. not saying is a bad thing though.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
                      I get what you are trying to say but they are very poor examples of the point you are trying to make.
                      .....pretty bad examples considering a racist doesnt mind having people they supposedly hate work for them...maybe its a since of empowerment

Look at America

Comment

Working...
                      X