Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most complete active fighters in the sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    Dawson is a slow plodding brawler?? sorry man Ward cleaned out 168 as the underdog, he proved himself as being elite
    No Dawson isn't a slow plodding brawler..... I'm only talking about his 168lb opponents. I didn't include Dawson because he should have never been fighting Ward like that

I should of specified

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
      So if Kovalev beats Hopkins on Saturday, will he make your list?

Ward is a one trick pony. He can only fight one way and all of the guys he's ever fought were slow plodding brawlers who were perfect for his style.

He's good at what he does but that's all he can do.
      Seriously are you trolling? Please tell me you're trolling.

Ward has fought in several different styles. He can box on the backfoot, frontfoot at long or short range. Inside and outside. He's also fought plenty of elite fighters in his division.

Yet you think Golokvin who has walked straight forward and stalked a list of bums is some multi-dimensional complete wizard.

Once again....please tell me your're trolling.

Comment

A lot of those are not complete fighters, Golovkin has not shown that he can fight off the back foot because no one has been able to force him back. The few times that Stevens did, Golovkin didn't look too good.

Thurman hasn't shown that he can fight on the inside, Thurman is more mid range, with pretty decent boxing ability from the outside.

Pacquiao isn't complete either.

Kell Brook can't fight on the inside, he can neutralize your game up close but can't get off there.

Lomachenko, Salido already proved he isn't complete when Lomachenko opted to hold up close.

You even mentioned Murray and Kovalev

Comment

Rigo, Floyd and Manny..... atm

Loma needs a couple more fights, GGG needs better opposition, etc.

Comment

You could of just walked into the woods and chucked yourself to the wolves. . .same outcome.

Comment

Who is not a complete fighter from my list and what makes them "incomplete???"
              Most of those fighters you listed are not or haven't show enough yet to make anyone believe their "COMPLETE" most haven't even been in a big fight yet against a LEGIT TOP CONTENDER!

Right Now, I think only Rigondeaux is truly COMPLETE:
              Offense, Defense, Inside, Outside, POWER, Speed, Footwork, Head Movement, BODY PUNCHING, HIGH In Ring IQ, can fight coming forward, off of his backfoot. It is literally NOTHING that Rigondeaux can't do in that ring.

Mayweather put on Complete Performances at times like the Canelo fight but he looked anything but Complete against Maidana his last 2 Fights.

I can EASILY make a legit argument for Andre Ward of course.

After that, THEN you have some guys on the rise with the Potential to be Complete like: Nicolas Walters, GGG, Keith Thuman and others that are already listed.

What is the point of starting a thread like this if you start it off being Bias, nobody is going to take it serious
              Last edited by sicko; 11-06-2014, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Practically all of them.

The first two are Gennady Golovkin and Kovalev. Have either of these two shown anything other than one dimension? They haven't fought any truly elite opponents and they've fought one way - coming forward and KOing overmatched guys. Neither have shown the ability to box going backwards. Their defences aren't very good either.
                Both have them have very solid and subtle defense, you just can;'t notice it because they're destroying opponents while trying to please the crowd.

You don't have over 300 amateur victories without an ability to box. They can both box going backward, you just haven't saw them have to do it because they go for the kill and try to fight to please the fans. DO you think either of them could of made it in America without fighting how they do? They do it cause they have to and they're good at it.... but it's not all they can do.

Abel Sanchez said it best: "When I got Golovkin... he was a boxer, but that wouldn't work with the American fans. We had to change his style to make him a star."

And Max Kellerman said himself that Kovalev has good defense for the style he has, the best a guy with his style could possibly have

That's why these two are on the list..... Hell GGG and Kovalev are THE TWO most complete fighters in the sport.

Comment

Martin Murray beats Andre Ward? I've seen people get banned for less.

Comment

Which fighters have the most complete/widest skillsets?

There is a handful of boxers who do many, many things well and can incorporate defense with aggression.

(not gonna list prospects or guys who aren't already in the top 10 of their divisions)

My list of the most complete fighters in the sport:

Gennady Golovkin
                    Sergey Kovalev
                    Terrance Crawford
                    Roman Gonzalez
                    Manny Pacquiao
                    Vasyl Lomachenko
                    Takashi Uchyama
                    Kell Brook
                    Keith Thurman
                    Floyd Mayweather
                    Martin Murray
                    Rigo
                    Bernard Hopkins

There's a couple of them. Who else?
                    You forgot Andre Ward

Comment

Which fighters have the most complete/widest skillsets?

There is a handful of boxers who do many, many things well and can incorporate defense with aggression.

(not gonna list prospects or guys who aren't already in the top 10 of their divisions)

My list of the most complete fighters in the sport:

Gennady Golovkin
                      Sergey Kovalev
                      Terrance Crawford
                      Roman Gonzalez
                      Manny Pacquiao
                      Vasyl Lomachenko
                      Takashi Uchyama
                      Kell Brook
                      Keith Thurman
                      Floyd Mayweather
                      Martin Murray
                      Rigo
                      Bernard Hopkins

There's a couple of them. Who else?
                      Did you not see uchiyamas last fight? The gentleman is showing his age.

I would recommend young Christopher Eubank jr. This fighter is a future pound for pound international superstar, and will be the one to beat Golovkin.

Comment

Working...
                      X