No announcement yet.

Why McNeely's corner stopped the fight against Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    I really can't ever rewatch this fight without laughing hysterically and having to rewind it over & over.

The epic staredown with Tyson looking like he just killed someone & McNeeley stood with a gormless expression face. The way the maniac tries bumrushing Tyson, him getting clattered in seconds. The way he gets up and does a lap of the ring & runs towards Tyson. The whole thing is absolutely hilarious.
    I only wish it went on a bit longer
    McNeeley always flew out the blocks like that but you'd think he might not try that with Mike.

So so funny. I still watch it back now when it comes up just for that first 10 seconds when he runs right into that right hand.

Honestly who told him that that was a good idea?

There would have been more comedy that it gone on, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I'd agree with that.

To be fair though that McNeeley fight was only so big PPV wise because it was Tyson's first fight back from Prison.

Still, I doubt any other PPV stars would have done those numbers in the same situation.
      This right here. Tyson's "I'll be back" shirts and posters were all over the place before his release. There was so much hype for his release that he could had fought Mickey Mouse and sold very well

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
        This right here. Tyson's "I'll be back" shirts and posters were all over the place before his release. There was so much hype for his release that he could had fought Mickey Mouse and sold very well
        Yes but you also have to have the magnetism and the world wide appeal, only two fighters have had that, Ali and Tyson, both for different reasons but the world was willing to tune in.

Comment

Working...
        X