Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"COTTO IS STUNNED! COTTO IS STUNNED!"

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
      Yes, those are examples of poor finishers. Finishing an opponent is a skill that you have to learn in the gym. Some guys just don't know what to do with a wounded opponent.
      i stay on the jab and pick my shots TBH

i think when you stay in mid range to long and start unloading everything you can get tagged yourself one of my biggest criticisms of Amir Khan was he would let hit hands go stay in range whilst his oponent was on the ropes hurt

sometimes you have to keep in mind that the oponent is allowed to punch back

Comment

'He's smothering his work'

to be used throughout the duration of any Ricky Hatton fight, he usually isn't he's just trying to manipulate those t-rex arms in a position to punch, or he's wrestling.

Comment

Originally posted by sparked_85 View Post
          'He's smothering his work'

to be used throughout the duration of any Ricky Hatton fight, he usually isn't he's just trying to manipulate those t-rex arms in a position to punch, or he's wrestling.
          what i dont get with Hatton is he says it after every fight and in his interviews and proceeds to keep on doing it regardless

WTF

Comment

"He lost because he was weight drained."

I cannot stand that one. Two of my favourite fighters are Duran and Toney, and in their fights against SRL and RJJ, they apparently only lost because of weight troubles.

Firstly, it's up to them to make weight in a reasonabl manner, and if they have to lose 10 pounds in 3 hours to make weight, it's their fault.

Secondly, that excuse is so common, that we don't even know when it's legit anymore anyway. At the end of the day (*shudder*. I just used the Calzaghe staple), we can only judge by what we see, everything else is speculation and hypothetical.
            Last edited by Porter's Dad; 10-30-2008, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrible... View Post
              what i dont get with Hatton is he says it after every fight and in his interviews and proceeds to keep on doing it regardless

WTF
              I always love fighters that so that.

"Yea, I made a little mistake. I (Insert here). I need to go to the gym and work on it for my next fight"

Then do the same ****

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post

"Yea, I made a little mistake. I (Insert here). I need to go to the gym and work on it for my next fight"

Then do the same ****
                the best cliche of all is im not making any excuses BUT

Comment

Originally posted by Terrible... View Post
                  the best cliche of all is im not making any excuses BUT
                  Ahhh, good call man.

No excuses, but I did contract AIDs shortly before the fight.

Comment

Then do the same ****
                    What is head scratching is when they claim a mistake that really wasn't that obvious. Like Macca against Haye, what mistake? to my mind he got nailed tremondously hard in the head after failing to have the reactions of a jedi. He's 6'4 and 200 pounds, he's not going to be that quick.

Why couldn't he just say 'I got f.uckin smashed, isn't it?'

Comment

Ahhh, good call man.

No excuses, but I did contract AIDs shortly before the fight.
                      lol

"No excuses, but I did contract AIDs shortly before the fight." BUT im not making excuses he was the better man tonight

sure you aint making it excuses does'nt sound like it either

Comment

Working...
                      X