Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are khan fans actually happy about this fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol at the fact khan has fans

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post

Let's take this slowly

1. Khan only wants the big fights.
      2. He chased Mayweather because Mayweather is a big fight
      3. Mayweather is the top fighter in Khan's division
      4. Mayweather did not fight Khan.
      5. Damn. No big fight for Khan here.

1. Khan only wants the big fights
      2. He chased Pacquiao because Pacquiao is a big fight
      3. Pacquiao is now the top fighter in Khan's division
      4. Pacquiao did not fight Khan.
      5. Damn no big fight for Khan here.

1. Khan only wants the big fights
      2. He was offered the opportunity to fight Canelo which is a big fight
      3. Canelo is the lineal middleweight champion.
      4. Khan fights the lineal middleweight champion because he wants a big fight
      5. Yaaaay!!!!!! Big fight for Khan

What's next, you want me to replace the world "big" with "mega"

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Listen there's no doubt Khan has tremendous balls for taking this fight. Whether it's for money or whatever his reason behind it is. He still has to get in the ring and face Canelo at MW.

I just can't understand why anyone would think this is a good idea. I mean this is a potentially damaging fight. We've seen Canelo hurt people who are far more punch resistant than Khan - and hurt them badly.

Of course daring to be great is awesome. But wouldn't he also dare to be great vs a Brook - at least a British great? Or Thurman/Porter winner?

It's good to dare but there are weight classes for a reason man and Khan has only had 4 fights in his life above 140.

I agree bro. If I was on Team Khan I'd advise him to take Brook cuz Garcias might be able to maneuver. This really is a freak show, but man someone has to do it right. Khan the Lineal MW champ lol and then you compare that to getting wrecked by Prescott in a round. Sometimes, I wish I was on Team Khan, I have the right education, but I don't have cab driving experience

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          i've heard a lot of brits say that they think khan - brook will be a bigger fight than even khan - floyd. i'm not a brit, so it's tough for me to gauge the level of anticipation for the fight in the UK. you guyys bring in a lot of people to your gates at big stadiums, but they don't command nearly the ticket prices you see in vegas. heck, in big fights in vegas you have to pay a hundred bucks to watch fights on "closed circuit TV."

there's also an elephant in the room that a lot of casuals just don't get, and that's taxes. ever wondered why nevada, texas, are popular spots to fight? one of the reasons, outside of gambling in nevada, is a lack of a state income tax. i'm not sure if khan's obligated to pay UK taxes at the full rate if he works here, but i'm led to believe that he does not.

if you fight in the UK you're subject to a much, much higher rate of taxation, and are unable to write your expenses off in the same tradition that you're allowed to with some old fashioned, american accounting. wealthy people in america often pay income taxes at a lower rate than those in the middle class. sounds odd, and its merits are a discussion for a different forum, but that's how the system is designed. it benefits industry, not workers. i'd need an accountant from the UK to give me more information than that.

In what sense? It will certainly shatter some attendance records.

In any case, it is the highest pay day Khan will ever see. $10 mil plus can't be replicated from Khan's perspective.

Even with taxes regardless of the nitty gritty it is better to be taxed at earning a ridiculously higher amount than just a high one. No?

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
            In what sense? It will certainly shatter some attendance records.

In any case, it is the highest pay day Khan will ever see. $10 mil plus can't be replicated from Khan's perspective.

Even with taxes regardless of the nitty gritty it is better to be taxed at earning a ridiculously higher amount than just a high one. No?

when i say "big," or measure "bigness" it's in the practical sense that promotors consider. that sense is basically the sum of all revenue streams. the big ones are TV money and gate money. there are also closed curcuit fees on big, vegas fights, advertising space in the ring and during the promotion, etc. and those do add up. pacquiao - mayweather sold around 7 million in closed circuit. 70 million at the gate. god knows how much in ad revenue.

and on taxes, that really depends on a myriad of factors. the short answer is no. you can be taxed to the point that you're better off taking a lower purse with a more favorable tax rate.

Comment

- Chance at glory and P4P status and forcing haters to suck his balls if he wins

- No down side if he loses because he's taking a huge risk

- A giant middle finger to Kell Brook and Eddie Hearn who had some kind of nerve to suggest that they were on Khan's level and that "Khan needed them"

Yep this Khan fan is satisfied in every way pretty much ...

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                lol. what ''signed the contract!'' you're saying I'm making things up...

Dude Loeffler's ***** ass said if Chavez Jr. WOULD BEAT Fonfara than GGG would agree to fight. wtf does that have to do with GGG fighting Chavez Jr.? Chavez Jr.'s crowd alone supersedes Fonfara and GGG together. Put that fight in Cali, Texas, or Mexico and it's on.

Signed my ass. Find me an article where it says GGG or Loeffler ''signed'' a contract and Chavez Jr. refused vs. GGG agrees or Loeffler agrees ONLY after he beats Fonfara. gtfoh ace.
                http://www.boxingscene.com/chavez-vs-golovkin/news/

Plenty of articles there about it. There were talks, it was damn near official, Chavez backed out.

Just like with Andy Lee, you're making things up.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/chavez-vs-golovkin/news/

Plenty of articles there about it. There were talks, it was damn near official, Chavez backed out.

Just like with Andy Lee, you're making things up.
                  "There were talks." Lol

Comment

Working...
                  X