No announcement yet.

Should May sue for defamation?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Priest Andretti View Post
    I dont think you people realize that GBP already went through this when Montoya did the same article. He left with his tail between his legs. Hauser got played and it will cost him.

Outside of NSB and maxboxing this story doesn't exist. ESPN doesn't care, SI doesn't care. No one cares.
    Golden Boy tried to strong arm or intimidated Montoya thinking Montoya would get scared of a lawsuit. A lot of people will threaten to scare without the intention of really filing a suit, it works against people who do not understand the law.

Some of you Floyd fans have no clue about things like this, many of you were okay with Floyd and his family calling Pacman a cheater on steroids without any proof at all. But when a writer writes a very good piece questioning in an intelligent and educated manner the practices of USADA and their handling of Mayweather, all of a sudden it's wrong. Hauser never did what Floyd did to Pacquiao and accused him of juicing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
      Hauser covered himself by saying, in a way, that he never said floyd was on anything just that he heard rumours. Its bad journalism and got the masses talking as anything involving floyd will do but i think hes covered.
      Do you think less of Hauser after this episode?

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
        i think may should announce his next fight, thats what I think
        Snap that sentence

Comment

Mayweather Ortiz results http://http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content11082.html

Mayweather Cotto results
          http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/vi...to-usada-tests

Mayweather Mosley results
          http://www.usada.org/mayweather-mosley/

Nothing to see here!
          Last edited by BIGMARS; 11-21-2012, 12:56 PM.

Comment

He might just ignore it and hope it goes away.

Right now, its just a story but if he addresses it, it will bring more attention and scrutiny.

Comment

Kind of interesting positon he faces, because now he knows how Pac felt, someone accusing you without proof and running your name right into the ground as a drug cheat, but yet at the same time, if he's innocent, then he needs to do something as this will linger around him like a bad smell

If he sues I have a feeling Hauser is prepared to go toe-2-toe and this will get much much much messier before it gets better. It's only the tip of the iceberg, the first move was made by Hauser, the next move is up to GBP and Floyd and what they do will most certainly have knock on effects.

Comment

It may have been worded in such a way as to make a lawsuit impossible. I think the article stated "there were rumors Mayweather failed drug tests". Wouldn't Mayweather's lawyers have to prove there were no rumors? Because if there were rumors, the author can't be sued because he was telling the truth. If there were no rumors, the lawyers have to prove it. How do you prove there were no rumors?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  Do you think less of Hauser after this episode?
                  in a way Yes. It started promising with USADA, GBP, and Floyd but then it turned out to be almost the exact thing Montoya wrote and went nowhere. No major media outlets have ran with this, that i have seen, and it now seems like he used Floyd name to draw readers and has produced nothing but rumours, at this moment. The USADA thing im still interested in though cause that goes way beyond boxing.

Comment

There's no question but that a lot of people are going to be delighted with the somewhat ironic turn of events, given the willful and fairly despicable slander engaged in by Mayweather over the past number of years.

That doesn't help the sport much, however. What we'll probably end up with is the can being kicked down the road, and some other major scandal bringing everything right back to the surface again. The pattern has repeated itself several times elsewhere.

If we don't get some clarification on the USADA contracts and protocols I'd rather GBP just stopped using USADA altogether. The only thing worse than the sport being dirty is the illusion of it being clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                      in a way Yes. It started promising with USADA, GBP, and Floyd but then it turned out to be almost the exact thing Montoya wrote and went nowhere.
                      Unlike Mayweather's allegations against Pacquiao which culminated in a devastating legal case.

Comment

Working...
                      X