Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should HBO try to push Golovkin onto Pac's card?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should HBO try to push Golovkin onto Pac's card?

It's not like he's making an outrageous amount of money right now. They paid him 350k for his last two... which is probably why he's able to fight on HBO 3 times this year unlike some people who get paid millions to fight overmatched opponents.

We already know Shiming will be on there and maybe Melindo.
    A possibility is Alvarado/Ruslan... but we all know Bob likes stand alone fights.
    Maybe HBO will want to get GGG as much air time as possible and get him on the undercard.

If he was, do you think that'll help bolster the card?
    Because right now I see Bob just putting a bunch of build-up fights on there... that's usually what his PPV cards ever are

Do you think Arum would go for that?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Do you think Arum would go for that?
      If he's serious about a Jr/Golovkin fight... not a bad build up to an eventual stand-alone PPV.
      Could be beneficial to him

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        It's not like he's making an outrageous amount of money right now. They paid him 350k for his last two... which is probably why he's able to fight on HBO 3 times this year unlike some people who get paid millions to fight overmatched opponents.

We already know Shiming will be on there and maybe Melindo.
        A possibility is Alvarado/Ruslan... but we all know Bob likes stand alone fights.
        Maybe HBO will want to get GGG as much air time as possible and get him on the undercard.

If he was, do you think that'll help bolster the card?
        Because right now I see Bob just putting a bunch of build-up fights on there... that's usually what his PPV cards ever are
        First, up until Canelo. The only fighter that usually earn millions per fight are those that have paid their dues for a considerable amount of time AND are seriously marketable.

Petty snipe aside, I don't know if Arum would throw all his eggs in one basket like that. Maybe one or PPVs headlined by Pacquiao would give GGG good exposure. But in China? I'm not so sure. In the right place it'd be good for Golovkin.

Comment

Working...
        X