Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 20 Greatest Fighters Since 1985

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayweather was not the whole package for me, Skill wise he deserves to up there definatley. But he ducked to many fighters and had to many excuses. Yes he won titles at different weights but he once a section of the division (WBC). He never ruled a weight division and all of his opponents were hand picked.

Comment

Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
      Mayweather was not the whole package for me, Skill wise he deserves to up there definatley. But he ducked to many fighters and had to many excuses. Yes he won titles at different weights but he once a section of the division (WBC). He never ruled a weight division and all of his opponents were hand picked.
      the only fighter he didnt bend over backwards to fight was margarito,, and margarito until recently hasnt been a marquee name or even done anything to garner interest from may to fight him.. who has he ducked? for all the names u may be able to come up with its possible they ducked him or they didnt try to make the fight happen themselves.. it takes 2. he's been the best fighter in every division he has been in. he beat the top guys at 130 and 135.. unfortunately he didnt get to face kostya, but he destroyed gatti - a guy favored to win by many.. at 147 he beat the guys who the media labeled champs of that division by beating judah and baldo, moved up to 154 and beat oscar, then moved back down to beat hatton.. he has wins over castillo twice, corrales, ndou, genaro hernandez, manfredy, corley, jesus chavez.. i mean how can you not have in atleast top 5 fighters since 85? all of his opponents hand picked please.. i mean you do have the right to your opinion so i mean it what it is.. i guess we just disagree

Comment

10 Greatest Fighters Since 1985

1. Floyd Mayweather
        2. Bernard Hopkins
        3. Roy Jones
        4. Pernell Whitaker
        5. James Toney
        6. Manny Pacquiao
        7. Julio Cesar Chavez
        8. Lennox Lewis
        9. Evander Holyfield
        10. Felix Trinidad