• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hard choice, i have it a draw

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Bale is arguably the best actor today.
      Arugably, yes. I believe Daniel Day Lewis is probably the best actor today

Originally posted by led* View Post
      Why is it a stupid question? Smith is nominated (as lead) twice by Academy award while Bale had once and won (as supporting and not a lead actor).

Both actors were recognized by their performances in their movies by the Academy, Bale, however, was only nominated in his movie the fighter despite his numerous highly rated films.

And please dont say Academy awards sucks.
      Academy Awards don't suck but they aren't the sole basis of rating an actor.

If you can't see how Bale, as an actor is head and shoulders above Smith, I don't know what to tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        Bale is arguably the best actor today.
        Ehhhhh I don't know about that.

I'll take Daniel Day-Lewis, Denzel Washington, Sean Penn, Leonardo Dicaprio, and Brad Pitt clearly over Bale, in my opinion. Even Joaquin Phoenixor Johnny Depp are every bit as good as Bale, if not better in some cases. And Christoph Waltz is making a name for himself as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNegation View Post
          Arugably, yes. I believe Daniel Day Lewis is probably the best actor today

Academy Awards don't suck but they aren't the sole basis of rating an actor.

If you can't see how Bale, as an actor is head and shoulders above Smith, I don't know what to tell you.
          He's not saying Bale isn't better, he's saying Smith doesn't suck and is good in his own right.

Bale's resume is deeper, but lets not act like Will Smith wasn't in movies where he turned in good performances.

Ali and The Pursuit of Happyness both got him Oscar nominations. The Legend of Bagger Vance and Seven Pounds he also turned in solid performances. Will Smith just picks too many average movies a lot of times. I will bet in the next 5-10 years they'll have him play President Obama though.

Bale has the potential to be great, he proved that with The Fighter. I knew he could be very good and was good, but that showed he has the ability to do GREAT things in the film. Smith's two flaws are this.....

1. He picks too many average movies at times (I Robot, Bad Boys, Hitch, Han****, etc).

2. It always seems like it's the character playing Will Smith and not Will Smith playing the character
          Last edited by 4Corners; 11-11-2012, 11:43 AM.

Comment

This is the oddest question I've seen on here, I think. I like Smith, but...

Comment

Bale and it's not even close very silly question in my opinion.

That's dedication.

Comment

Or roids?

Comment

will smith, fast twitch fibers baby

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                    Or roids?
                    I can assure you it's not roids. But even if it was, that's dedication too. Using a drug that has some nasty side effects just for a movie role? Not many actors are more dedicated to their craft than Bale.

He doesn't have a physique that looks like he uses or has ever used. But when you lose that kind of weight your body is able to put it back on rather easily. He is financially well off. He probably has pro training him and putting together his diet.

Comment

Conclusion of the thread: It's Bale, clearly. His reusme is deeper. Smith is still good in his own right, he just picks too many average movies from time to time. And his flaw is that it always feels like the character playing Will Smith instead of Smith playing the character.

Bale is a Top actor today, and The Fighter showed he has potential to be GREAT. I'd still take a handful of actors today over Bale though. Day-Lewis, Penn, Washington, Dicaprio, and Pitt all I'd take over Bale right now. And the likes of Phoenix, Seymour-Hoffman, and Depp are every bit as good as Bale, if not better in some cases. And Christoph Waltz is really making a name for himself as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X