No announcement yet.

Why all the Paul Williams hate?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    a 6'4 prey mantis with a wingspan of a heavy throwing pitty patty punches all round in a sloppy manner
    And that oddball makeup right there is what makes Williams such an intriguing fighter.

I appreciate that imp of perversity in boxing, that we can get these fighters whose makeup seems nonsensical, it just makes the sport more interesting.

Wiliams has been in a few genuinely funn fights, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post
      How do you figure that HBO made him take those fight? Paul took those fights because they were the best available not because he didn't want them.
      Evidently you didn't follow the negotiation of the Martinez rematch and the aftermath when he got beat. He tried to go back to 147, but HBO made him rematch Sergio. He tried to fight Ishida but but HBO made him fight Lara.

Comment

I'm pi$sed at Paul Williams because he lied! His trainer and him both knew he was losing the fight but instead of holding his hands up and admitting he got a gift of a decision he said he believed he won the fight in the post fight interview. The judges were awful but I would respect Paul more if he had told the truth. As soon as I heard the first judge scored it a draw I knew that Lara was getting screwed!

Comment

I don't hate PW, youknowwhatI'msayin?

Comment

I think he's overrated, he doesn't fight tall, doesn't work off the jab. bcuz 1000 punches is more exciting he'd rather continue on the same dead end path and for that reason he irritates the ish out of me!! His current trainer has taken him as far as he could that's why theres no plans to change his style. Basically saying...continue to get bashed with the same punch over n over again, keep punching champ and we'll just hope for the best!!!

Comment

I wouldn't have any fault with him if it wasn't for his postfight comments...

I still like Paul but he better not fight Sergio again...for his own well-being...

Comment

i mean, he was considered "the most avoided man" at 147... so automatically, there would be jaded naysayers... especially, once the sergio fans surfaced.

i think p-will deserves PLENTY of respect... i think he was misguided as a fighter. basically, he was taught to fight with a style that doesnt utilize his physical advantages... he beat solid competition. i think the weight fluctuations and division jumping for a fight was a bit desperate & hurt him in the long run.

i mean, it seems peterson shouldve just stuck with the real estate guidance instead of boxing... because telling the guy NOT to make changes to a crucial flaw is just plain IRRESPONSIBLE.

we, as boxing fans, should appreciate p-will's willingness to fight all comers... and determination to mix it up. despite his deficiencies, he always put in WORK.

he couldve EASILY fought tall, use his jab, keep distance... and basically be the klitschko of the WW division. and im SURE, he wouldve had a long impressive (although boring) career doing so, but instead he fought like a warrior.

Comment

Working...
                X