No announcement yet.

How stupid is Timothy Bradley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darryl1914 View Post
    He turned down a Nice Paycheck hoping to get in on the Pacquiao / Mayweather Sweepstakes. Now they both have fights scheduled. Amir Khan now has a "dance partner" in Judah, and it looks as if Maidana will be fighting Rober Guerrero. So the question is...What shall Bradley do?

Four names stand out that would make a good fight:

Veteran Joan Guzman - Hot KO Artist Prospect Mike Alvarado - Danny Garcia - Andriy Ketolnik.
    I don't think if it was about trying to get a fight with Pacquiao... I think he turned down the final offer for the Khan fight after Pacquiao announced that he was fighting Marquez.

To be honest, I kind of think it has something to do with him being unhappy with Gary Shaw... his contract with him is up pretty soon, so he may just be trying to run it out before taking any big fights.

In regards to the four fights you suggested, I think Guzman is a dud, since he can't make weight, and has probably done himself a lot of harm in trying to get fair negotiations with credible fighters, as the chances of him coming in overweight and giving himself an unfair advantage have proven to be quite high. Alvarado is a very dangerous undefeated prospect (so I've heard, I don't think I've ever seen him fight), and probably wouldn't bring a lot of money, so I doubt he fights Bradley next. Garcia has two good wins over faded versions of Arnaoutis and Campbell, but as with Alvarado... dangerous prospect who doesn't bring a lot of cash to the table. Finally, Kotelnik is a very good fighter, although he's been on the shelf for quite a while. He doesn't bring a ton of cash, and Don King has a reputation of demanding options on a fighter, and I think that is the last thing Bradley wants tied to him at this point.

Honestly, I bet he fights a mid level guy, or fights another fighter like Abregu at welterweight to keep himself in fighting shape at welterweight, with the hope that he impresses and drums up interest for a fight with Pacquiao, provided Manny and Floyd don't finally get in the ring with one another.

Still don't understand why he didn't take the Khan fight. Oh well...I hope he stays busy and takes a fight this summer.
    I also think a part of him not wanting to fight Khan is that he understand how dangerous of an opponent Khan is, and if he loses to him, he is out of the Pacquiao sweepstakes for good, since Manny doesn't have to many more fights left in him I don't think. So, he is thinking that the probability of him landing a fight with Pacquiao is high enough that turning down a career high payday against a very dangerous opponent is a profitable course of action to take in the long term.

Originally posted by Ray Dollars View Post
    Hey maybe he could rematch Alexander in that shoebox-sized arena they used last time in front of a massive crowd of about 100 people.
    Haha, this post made me smile. Green K.
    Last edited by Fox McCloud; 06-09-2011, 02:36 AM.

Comment

He already has a guaranteed money fight by HBO and am sure he also has just one fight left with Shaw, but he needs to pick his opponent now and get that fight out of the way because everyone of the big name fighters are moving fast now

Comment

Originally posted by STRUGG View Post
        pretty stupid ill say...........but not mayweather stupid.....................
        tyson would knock your teeth out you bitc.hass hater take his pic off u fat midget hoe pacquiao fanboy rat eating mofo. u aint no boxing fan.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
          I don't think if it was about trying to get a fight with Pacquiao... I think he turned down the final offer for the Khan fight after Pacquiao announced that he was fighting Marquez.

To be honest, I kind of think it has something to do with him being unhappy with Gary Shaw... his contract with him is up pretty soon, so he may just be trying to run it out before taking any big fights.

In regards to the four fights you suggested, I think Guzman is a dud, since he can't make weight, and has probably done himself a lot of harm in trying to get fair negotiations with credible fighters, as the chances of him coming in overweight and giving himself an unfair advantage have proven to be quite high. Alvarado is a very dangerous undefeated prospect (so I've heard, I don't think I've ever seen him fight), and probably wouldn't bring a lot of money, so I doubt he fights Bradley next. Garcia has two good wins over faded versions of Arnaoutis and Campbell, but as with Alvarado... dangerous prospect who doesn't bring a lot of cash to the table. Finally, Kotelnik is a very good fighter, although he's been on the shelf for quite a while. He doesn't bring a ton of cash, and Don King has a reputation of demanding options on a fighter, and I think that is the last thing Bradley wants tied to him at this point.

Good stuff man. However, you kept saying that none of the fighters on my list brings any money (or big money)...But If Bradley just turned down the best possible money-fight (aside from Pac/May) then maybe a big money fight is not his concern right now. May be it's all about staying busy?

Comment

Good stuff man. However, you kept saying that none of the fighters on my list brings any money (or big money)...But If Bradley just turned down the best possible money-fight (aside from Pac/May) then maybe a big money fight is not his concern right now. May be it's all about staying busy?
            Well sure, but no one really wants to stay busy against a very tough, credible opponent without getting paid handsomely for their trouble.

Haha, I just went to Boxrec's top 25 140 pounders ratings, and the first two opponents that I thought "hmmm, that would be a decent fight for what Bradley is looking for" were Kendall Holt and Lamont Peterson... yeah, scratch that, since he already fought both. The rematch with Holt isn't attractive since he hasn't really clawed all the way back up to relevancy in the division by just beating Diaz, as he also took a fairly bad loss to Mabuza in the fight after his loss to Bradley, and a Peterson rematch makes no sense, considering how badly Bradley whipped him, and Lamont is without a really good win in the fights since that loss. His best result is a draw with Ortiz that really should have been a clear decision loss. However, a win over Cayo might be just what he needs to get back into contention.

I would think Bradley's best move would be to try to get a fight with Erik Morales, who showed that he isn't shot in his last fight against Maidana, so there is still significant interest (which translates to dollars) around him. However, Bradley has much better defense than Maidana, and a fight with Morales would probably be a pretty easy night's work at this stage of Morales's career.

If he can't land Morales, I think Bradley's best bet would be to fight someone like Vernon Paris in Michigan, who is a prospect, but has serious stamina issues that Bradley could seriously exploit and cruise to a wide unanimous decision. Hopefully a good performance up there could help build support for him, as he already fought in Michigan once against Devon Alexander. Another prospect that fits pretty much the same description as Paris is Tim Coleman, who would be easy pickings for Bradley, as he is just too green, and really isn't good enough to compete on that level. His decision win over Mike Arnaoutis was controversial FFS, and at this stage of Mike's career, he has been losing one-sidedly to everyone, except Coleman. That should tell you something.

Comment

Got aHead of his of his self or a lil Big Headed his best move is Erick Moralas

Comment

Originally posted by STRUGG View Post
                pretty stupid ill say...........but not mayweather stupid.....................
                Mayweather's making $40m base.more from ppv so how can he be stupid?

Comment

It's all politics. Bradley wants to get away from his promoter and go to the big boys Golden Boy or Arum. No need to rush the fight anyway, Judah-Khan is a much more exciting fight. We'll get the fight in the winter I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
                    Well sure, but no one really wants to stay busy against a very tough, credible opponent without getting paid handsomely for their trouble.

Haha, I just went to Boxrec's top 25 140 pounders ratings, and the first two opponents that I thought "hmmm, that would be a decent fight for what Bradley is looking for" were Kendall Holt and Lamont Peterson... yeah, scratch that, since he already fought both. The rematch with Holt isn't attractive since he hasn't really clawed all the way back up to relevancy in the division by just beating Diaz, as he also took a fairly bad loss to Mabuza in the fight after his loss to Bradley, and a Peterson rematch makes no sense, considering how badly Bradley whipped him, and Lamont is without a really good win in the fights since that loss. His best result is a draw with Ortiz that really should have been a clear decision loss. However, a win over Cayo might be just what he needs to get back into contention.

I would think Bradley's best move would be to try to get a fight with Erik Morales, who showed that he isn't shot in his last fight against Maidana, so there is still significant interest (which translates to dollars) around him. However, Bradley has much better defense than Maidana, and a fight with Morales would probably be a pretty easy night's work at this stage of Morales's career.

If he can't land Morales, I think Bradley's best bet would be to fight someone like Vernon Paris in Michigan, who is a prospect, but has serious stamina issues that Bradley could seriously exploit and cruise to a wide unanimous decision. Hopefully a good performance up there could help build support for him, as he already fought in Michigan once against Devon Alexander. Another prospect that fits pretty much the same description as Paris is Tim Coleman, who would be easy pickings for Bradley, as he is just too green, and really isn't good enough to compete on that level. His decision win over Mike Arnaoutis was controversial FFS, and at this stage of Mike's career, he has been losing one-sidedly to everyone, except Coleman. That should tell you something.
                    Good Stuff man....Remember when Vernon Paris and Tim Coleman were supposed to fight each other? I think it was on the Bradley/Alexander undercard, then Coleman was replaced with Emanuel Augustus (in his last fight before retirement...and for the record, I heard Augustus got robbed again). Any...I hope he fights this summer. Inactivity can really destroy momentum in this sport. But a Morales vs Bradley fight would be a nice match-up. But by the way Morales's eye looked after the Maidana fight...Morales won't be ready for a while. How about Malignaggi at 147lbs?

Comment

Working...
                    X