Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should losses be given credit when assessing a fighter's resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should losses be given credit when assessing a fighter's resume?

And on the same token, should losses or unjust wins detract from a fighter's assessment?

It can be used as a tie breaker when comparing similar fighters

Comment

you get credit for fighting them, being competitive but of course its far less meaningful then an actual win.

if you are robbed, alot of dudes give u credit like you won

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
        And on the same token, should losses or unjust wins detract from a fighter's assessment?
        man, you're creating more threads faster than 'pump does. and most of them are recycled questions, like this one.

Comment

Of course how competitive they were should be taken in to consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
            man, you're creating more threads faster than 'pump does. and most of them are recycled questions, like this one.
            if you notice, i make them within ten min periods sparingly, so dont worry, just endure my 10 min rampages and youll do fine. fwiw didnt kno this question had been asked b4. link to thread which is about this topic? thanks in advance.

Comment

yes. losses, especially close ones are important. Facing the best and coming up short means something imo.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                you get credit for fighting them, being competitive but of course its far less meaningful then an actual win.

if you are robbed, alot of dudes give u credit like you won
                agree 100% with this

Comment

even though i think pac should have won (although to me the fight was close) i give bradley a bit of credit for getting a "robbery" in a competitive fight

Comment

No a resume is a list of accomplishments I doubt people view a loss as one. Only in boxing is a loss looked at in a good aspect.

Comment

Working...
                    X