No announcement yet.

Has marquez ever been knocked out cold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has marquez ever been knocked out cold

I know he's been down a few times just can't recall him being out cold.

No.

Marquez's chin is top 3 in the entire sport.

You can knock him down, but you can't knock him out.

Comment

Nope.

Marquez is one of those guys; you can hit him, you can hurt him and you can drop him, but he won't let you stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        Nope.

Marquez is one of those guys; you can hit him, you can hurt him and you can drop him, but he won't let you stop him.
        I thought so was 100% sure. Thanks alot guys

Comment

No,Marquez has never been stopped. Pacquiao came very close with three knock downs in the first round. Many referees would have stopped the fight. He was down for a nine count on one of those knock downs. He has never been out cold like Pacquiao was or Hatton or Williams were in their last KO loses.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            No,Marquez has never been stopped. Pacquiao came very close with three knock downs in the first round. Many referees would have stopped the fight. He was down for a nine count on one of those knock downs. He has never been out cold like Pacquiao was or Hatton or Williams were in their last KO loses.
            as much as i love pac, that first fight was like watching night of the living dead. marquez just wouldn't stay sleep.

Comment

Marquez been knocked down about a million times but he always gets back up. I remember when Katsidis knocked him down with the left hook in the 3rd, I thought at Marquez's age, it would be over for him. He proved me wrong. What a warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyfighter View Post
                Marquez been knocked down about a million times but he always gets back up. I remember when Katsidis knocked him down with the left hook in the 3rd, I thought at Marquez's age, it would be over for him. He proved me wrong. What a warrior.
                watched that again the other day. was a good scrap that.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                  No.

Marquez's chin is top 3 in the entire sport.

You can knock him down, but you can't knock him out.

he's got a solid chin, but it's not in the top 3 in the sport. he's a great survivor. the man can be badly hurt and dropped, and you don't have to be a great puncher to do it. at that stage he's only a few punches from being stopped. he knows how to avoid those punches and work his way back into the fight, usually by taking advantage of an opponent who is opening up.

he was hurt and very wobbly against diaz, dropped hard by katsidis. he's got the cojones, and the mexican conditioning (mexico has insane elevation. it's a huge advantage when you fight at sea level.) his chin is good, but not great. he's oft hurt.

he's great at adjusting. before he makes the adjustments he can be a bit wide, and he's available to being tagged, and he can be hurt or put down. if you're tagging him with something big time he can take it away. and if there's one punch that you're looking for, he'll look for it too, and take it away.

eventually marquez is going to go down and stay there. he'll try to get back up, but the legs won't be there. he's an amazing fighter, but you can't do that forever.

if you had told me what he'd go on to become at the very instant michael katsidis had him on the canvas i'd tell you that you're crazy.

remember this?

imagine being told that marquez would go on to knock pacquiao out cold in 2012 at this very moment ^

Comment

he has never even been knocked out period im pretty sure maybe at tko no ko tho

Comment

Working...
                    X