Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defending Williams...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has the chin and the physical tools to be a great fighter; he just doesn't have the technique to use his talent properly.

Maybe its time for a better trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_London View Post
      I see people saying he has a glass chin, that is insane.

We've seen in the past he takes a great shot, he got knocked out by a hard puncher and that punch would have KO'd most almost any fighter in and around that division.

His defence is a big problem but he does not have a glass chin.
      he's been taking too many shots to the head. his punch resistance is down, hence glass chin

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
        1. Martinez isn't a big puncher!

2. Williams has never been in the ring with someone who I would consider to be a big puncher.
        he definitely IS NOT a big puncher....he has 25 KO's in 46 wins.....

Originally posted by Rаbbit ® View Post
        The problem is when you get cracked like that, your chin is never really the same.
        i agree with this. the point is, your chin gets checked enough, at some point it's eventually going to break, ask margarito.

bottom line, that was a BRUTAL ko, williams just suffered, i doubt his ability to take a great punch from here on out. hard to come back from what just happened to him.

he was literally "knocked out" cold, by a guy with decent, but no "great" power.

Comment

Originally posted by KMFO View Post
          His defense is pretty horrid... He had both hands near waist level when he got smoked...
          Martinez fights the same way as Williams and thats why both have gotten hit alot in there careers, they leave there hands low except Martinez is clearly the slicker boxer. I remember when Martinez was fighting Pavlik, and even though Martinez was pretty much having his way with Pavlik at times he'd eat jabs from Pavlik because Martinez leaves his hands low because he is a cocky boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
            I never understod this thory among boxing fans. Is there any actual scientific evidence of this or is this just another voodoo mumbo jumbo theory that boxing fans have made up over the years.

Boxers themselves say it. Freddie Roach has said it, so no it's not just fans. Look at all the fighters who have been KO'd that way and what their careers looked like afterwards.

Go ahead and tell me all the fighters who have suffered that type of KO and came back to be even better career or even the same as before. Chins get cracked, cuts become easier to open, faces become more susceptible to puffing. It's been happening since boxing started. Get over it.

Why do you think they kept Khan away from heavy punchers till now?

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
              i agree with this. the point is, your chin gets checked enough, at some point it's eventually going to break, ask margarito.
              Is that why Margarito took 400 power punches against Pac, even after getting knocked out by Mosley?

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty FSM View Post
                Is that why Margarito took 400 power punches against Pac, even after getting knocked out by Mosley?
                punching "power" does play a role in it......

i don't think pacquiao is a "bigger" puncher than mosley.

besides, if you actually watched that fight, you saw pacquiao let up off the gas, around round 9 or so. anybody who saw the fight knows pacquiao could've ended it at any time.

point is, in the past, margarito was rarely ever "hurt." he was "hurt" numerous times in that fight, against a guy he outweighed by nearly 20 lbs.

Comment

Anyone saying that Williams has a glass jaw is a goddamn moron.

First of all the guy isn't a middleweight and is only fighting at 160 because everyone at welterweight handpicks their fights.

He has never been so much as buzzed when fighting at his preferred weight.

Does anyone think Andre Berto or Floyd Mayweather could put Paul Williams lights out with a single shot?

Take any fighter in the game and move them 13 lbs above their comfort zone and they will probably start getting hurt by the same punches they shook off before.

Sergio Martinez seems to have a pretty good jaw when fighting at 154 and 160. Take him up to 175 and let Tavoris Cloud rip a few shots on him and see what happens.

Comment

He's had his knees buckled by Quintana, Margarito, Martinez and Cintron.

His chin might not be Amir Khan china, but its a weak chin.

Comment

Certianly doesn't have a glass chin but Martinez isn't the big hitter that you're making him out to be. Williams chin above 147 isn't special, there are 154 fighters who could hurt or KO him and at 160 he would get murdered.

Comment

Working...
                      X