Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people surprised about the way Dirrel fought?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingChaos View Post
    Running **** whores like Dirrell should be banned from the sport.
    r u sayin they should have banned ali, whitaker, and pep?

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
      Have you guys not watched his fights? He did the same **** against Curtis Stevens. Harold Lederman said, "This is the worse fight I've ever seen."

Regardless of the way he fought, regardless of the clinching and elusive BOXING, HE STILL DID MORE THAN FROCH!!!

I understand if Froch was going in there, controlling the fight with his aggression, but he WASN'T. The only effective activity Froch had was the wrestling. Look, I HAAAAAAAAAAATEEEEEE the way Dirrell fought. Hopkins fought in a similar manner against Wright when he would punch and hold. It sucks. Its not nice to look at. It's not entertaining.

But the fact of the matter is, Dirrell landed more effective punches. That is what counts when deciding a winner in a fight. Who was more effective. As a matter of fact, I challenge ANYONE who believes that Froch won to point out when and what part of the fight Froch was being effective and we can discuss blow by blow.
      you are correct..but at the end of the day Dirrell still has himself to blame. Its not a secret that its tough to get decisions in the homefighters country. And its also no secret that the majority of judges favor aggression. If he fought like he did the last two rounds this wouldnt be an issue. But the first 10 rounds he was running around the ring like it was a track meet and holding. I still think he did enough to win overall, but you cant go to another persons home country fight like that and expect to win a decision. Actually look like you want to take the belt from the Champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Dknight View Post
        Those impressed with Dirrell's performance must have some pretty low standards in boxing. He can't slug it out with Froch and 3 more rounds he would've been KTFO, I think.
        How ignorant can people be?

Dirrell is not known for his power or inside fighting, why the hell should he do something stupid like slugging it out with Froch when he clearly has advantages in speed and boxing skills over him?

Comment

I knew thats how he fights. That's why I thought Froch would just stop him but Froch didn't throw any punches.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
            You look like a moron to everyone.
            Agreed. If you don't like Dirrell's style, fine. Don't call the kid a runner. Dirrell is a boxer that is very young in his career, he chose to stay on his toes (maybe too much) but he did connect more than Froch. It was a very messy fight. I had Direll winning, Froch had the home court advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler jr View Post
              How ignorant can people be?

Dirrell is not known for his power or inside fighting, why the hell should he do something stupid like slugging it out with Froch when he clearly has advantages in speed and boxing skills over him?
              Excellent point, which brings the next question: Then why didn't he shine from the outside with his "skills"? He looked so unprofessional on balance alone. I say if you can't compete, don't even try, because he didn't look good.

Froch wasn't spectacular either, but out of the 2 he was the better warrior.

Comment

you should actually watch the fight you ******, dirrell fought nothing like he did against stevens, he said himself he felt that fight was a loss and felt embarressed for himself, for the froch fight i saw dirrell standing in the centre of the ring and counter froch there was running for about a minute in round 2 or somethin but that was it

Comment

Originally posted by dknight View Post
                  excellent point, which brings the next question: Then why didn't he shine from the outside with his "skills"? He looked so unprofessional on balance alone. I say if you can't compete, don't even try, because he didn't look good.
                  froch wasn't spectacular either, but out of the 2 he was the better warrior.
                  because andre dirrell is still green!

Comment

Originally posted by Dknight View Post
                    Excellent point, which brings the next question: Then why didn't he shine from the outside with his "skills"? He looked so unprofessional on balance alone. I say if you can't compete, don't even try, because he didn't look good.

Froch wasn't spectacular either, but out of the 2 he was the better warrior.
                    What part don't you understand, Dirrel outlanded Froch, He did more than alot more than Froch did in this fight,,,.let me ask you the same question, what the use of being a warrior coming forward if your not able to land any shots? why try because he didn't look good.....

Comment

Working...
                    X