Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking on becoming a boxing trainer,any trainers here with advice?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ea22 View Post
    This, he seems pretty knowledgeable. But do you even have a boxing background? Ever sparred?
    I boxed in the am's years ago, went 29-5

Comment

At least people will be able to pay your broke ass with food stamps.

Comment

Go to a boxing gym and volunteer to help the trainers out. Even if it means carrying spit buckets and mopping up the floor.

Keep your eyes and ears open and learn everything you can from them. Keep a notebook like that homeless guy at the Wild Card Gym that is trying to learn from Freddie Roach.

Eventually you will have paid your dues and they might trust you enough to work with younger kids. That's when you will have the chance to show your stuff and hone your craft for real.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
          Don't train with the du-rag yo.
          loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            Yea i am headed to the gym with my son Thursday, i will do that

Yea he sure is, thanks
            I'm sorry, I honestly think you trolling but if you're being truthful, good luck to you. Specially if it's your kiddo.

Comment

post and discuss
              One thing I learned is you can't teach everyone the same. First thing you do is you teach your boxer proper stance 45 degree stance than teach him how to walk six inch step forward drag the back foot backwards move the back leg first than drag the front leg back, than teach pivoting for moving left to right or when you throw rights and hooks and straight lefts and right hooks for lefties. Do bag drills straight punches 30 seconds on 30 seconds off 6 sets make sure allows are tuck tight with wrist turning at impact so it teaches someone how to punch straight. Do in and out drills six inches in six inches out with a 1 , 2 punch 30 seconds on 30 seconds off. Than teach power punching teach the boxers how to use their legs when they punch have than put weight on the back leg and throw that right-hand.Than have them pivot put weight on the left leg and let those left hooks go. Also on left hooks have than pivot twice back and forth so that they can pivot quickly when gong to the body and head. Than for slipping punches look at Mike Tyson Videos when Rooney would have him slip and punch with the focus pads, Than teach Shoulder roll throw lefts and rights with the focus pads have him turn and throw counters back try to do it as fast as you can so that they develop reflexes for blocking get an old glove and swing it at them them like if your whipping someone body and head try to throw as fast as you can have them block the glove. Road work mix it up with long distance runs 5 to 8 miles try to make your boxer have a 6 minute pace than on other days have them run sprints. A good one is have them warm up than you have them sprint the entire track give them a minute break like a round do 3 sets but start out with 1 than 2 than 3 laps. Also find some hills or mountains and take them to run those too. This is how I trained my nephew to a Ringside Open Champion in 2 years and Jr Olympic champion in 3 years had the least amount of fights but won his injury to his shoulder ended his career or he would have put a whooping on Raushe Warren in 2012 2009 is when his career ended Hector Luna 2009 Jr Olympic champion on you tube he hit like a 141 pounder at 110 I know I held the focus pads for many kids

Comment

Take notes from Luilun obviously he has the answers!

Methods & Techniques= Your philosophy on training.
                Human resources==being able to teach and gain confidence with young people.
                Understanding that your responsible for a life!
                You WILL start at the bottom to be able to move up.
                You will earn NO Money for the first 5 to 7 years!
                You...........................never mind from little I've read from you it can't happen.

If you were serious you would need to leave here, this is gossip forum first and a small sample has some actual experience stated.
                Find a trainer who thinks your worth mentoring that's how you start, that's how we all started!
                Ray.

Comment

first you need a license. (all my coaches had em)

on some real tho if you had that many amateur you should be very competent to become a trainer.

Just so you know my first coach I was with for 3 years didn't have a gym the first two years I trained with him. He was a former pro 0-5
                  boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=100737&cat=boxer he was pretty knowledgeable and actually had some good amateur fighters.

He got a bunch of kids and adults (eventually only like 5 kids stayed) to train at a park in the ghetto. If you have these type of resources you might not have to own a gym immediately and you could test the waters.

Comment

post and discuss
                    My advice to you would be you can't expect to help anyone else unless you can help yourself first

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                      As long as your fighters don't come out with an Andre Berto shoulder roll, good luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X