Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rosado Rejects Catch-Weight: I'll Face Golovkin at 160!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    Boss status. Gonna be cheering for him, l also think GGG is mad overrated on here.

what's to overrate?

he's a former olympian with heavy hands and a very good chin.
    he's a bit slow and he's easy to hit. he's also not the biggest middleweight. his offense is top flight, though.

he's fighting a junior middlweight with many losses, including one to alfredo angulo in the second round.

rosado isn't some slickster. at his core he is a banger. any success that he's had with boxing in his last few fights will be the product of his opponents. soto karass, powell, and whitaker are many steps below golovkin. his chance to beat golovkin will come through his offense, not his boxing. if he tries to box he'll get swamped. golovkin is there to be hit, and rosado can bang a bit and he's got a fighters mentality. i think he will try and trade with golovkin, get hurt, and then try and box when it's too late.

5 or six rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by JudahRaidersfan View Post
      They love his YouTube fights against no names
      I hear over hyped thrown around for everybody except this guy. If he were to blow Rosado out then I'll let up but damn he's gotta fight someone who can hit back first.

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      The difference is Golovkin can deal out way more damage than Rosado and he is a much better technical boxer.

It might be fun in the short time it lasts.
      Its in Rosado's best interest to drag it into the second half because GGG has no wind. The big bear workouts may be to address that problem. Rosado in 9. Corner stoppage
      Last edited by studentofthegam; 01-02-2013, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Two pounds means NOTHING!! Another thing thats gotten ridiculous is all the attention on "catch weights"! There was ALWAYS catchweights we just called them (+ or -) they should not be used in a title fight but theres so many BS titles it doesn't make any difference any more!!!

We might see if GGG can take it because this kid comes to fight, I watched his last fight and defense is something he can't spell but he is a good size kid and he's in shape and looks to win!! I've only seen a few rounds of GGG and he wasn't sparkling on defense either so ring the bell and lets see! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          Aren't you a Canelo fan? Pac went 6 divisions and many HOFs before asking for his 1st CW, your guy won his only title at a catchweight he didn't bother making, against #22 welter
          You fail cause I'm not a fan, Zab, Broner, Thurman, Ward and Rios fan. I'm just honest, Floyd is a bad guy but yall worship Pacquiao a **** fighting drunk. I actually respect Pacquiao for moving up, Donaire who I'm sure u love is scared to. You *******s have to admit he lost his balls.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            I'll probably regret it, but fuck it. Since I know the majority believe this is one-sided, I'm siding with Rosado and taking 2:1 bets, 1B maximum.
            His losses and who they are to, really jumps out at me. Plus the quantity of losses in such a young career. It's not like he was "fed to the lions" either. Guys with 12-13, 3-2 records beat him.

Comment

Only pu$$ies earn titles at catch-weights!! War Rosado!!!

Comment

Rosado will be on the canvas by the third round.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  what's to overrate?

he's a former olympian with heavy hands and a very good chin.
                  he's a bit slow and he's easy to hit. he's also not the biggest middleweight. his offense is top flight, though.

he's fighting a junior middlweight with many losses, including one to alfredo angulo in the second round.

rosado isn't some slickster. at his core he is a banger. any success that he's had with boxing in his last few fights will be the product of his opponents. soto karass, powell, and whitaker are many steps below golovkin. his chance to beat golovkin will come through his offense, not his boxing. if he tries to box he'll get swamped. golovkin is there to be hit, and rosado can bang a bit and he's got a fighters mentality. i think he will try and trade with golovkin, get hurt, and then try and box when it's too late.

5 or six rounds.
                  I think you missed the countless threads matching him up with all time great MW's and people calling him a top 5 MW of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    I think you missed the countless threads matching him up with all time great MW's and people calling him a top 5 MW of all time.

i did see those threads. my mistake

Comment

Originally posted by JudahRaidersfan View Post
                      You fail cause I'm not a fan, Zab, Broner, Thurman, Ward and Rios fan. I'm just honest, Floyd is a bad guy but yall worship Pacquiao a **** fighting drunk. I actually respect Pacquiao for moving up, Donaire who I'm sure u love is scared to. You *******s have to admit he lost his balls.
                      You've been defending Canelo all over the place. But whatever, I'm wasting time with you, you're obviously clueless. Donaire is in his 4th division, having moved up twice in 2 years to become ring champ at both weight. That's more titles moving up then all those guys you listed put together.

Comment

Working...
                      X