Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is pacquiao a Pressure Fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm when I think of pressure fighters I think of guys like margarito or Rios those type of guys. Pacquiao certainly isn't that. I honestly can't classify pac's style in any of those traditional styles.

I guess he is a swarmer but he uses his speed to get it instead of the typical plodding face first we are used to seeing. But he can also counter very well and prefers to fight mid range. He is unique.

Comment

Pacquiao can be a boxer/puncher, pressure fighter, counterpuncher or swarmer depends on his opponents style or situations but he preferred to be in a midrange though when he executes what he wants to be in a given situations.

Pac fights as a counterpuncher in a first few rounds against bigger opponents or as pressure fighter against equally the same size opponents. He can swarm his opponents if he feels they are in trouble. He can make his opponents think they are in safe distance but when Pac uses his fast feet to close the gap and unleash his punches then they realize they are not safe at all even in midrange. So they start moving backwards (Cotto & Mosley) making sure they are far enough and this makes the fight looks ugly when the other opponent just trying to survive.

Comment

Yes, Pacquiao is a pressure fighter, but he's not your typical pressure fighter.

Comment

Working...
        X