No announcement yet.

Calzaghe: "Dawson is the LHW version of Pavlik. He hasn’t proved himself!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F-R-K-O View Post
    The difference is Hopkins and Jones are proven. Kessler was 39-0 and a little more proven than Chad in terms of experience. Lacy was a much bigger name than Dawson. Dawson doesn't bring very much to the table and Joe should just retire.
    retire like marciano... be atg like marciano
    jones and hopkins are both proven to be OLD. thats the ONLY reason he beats them and he knows it. afraid to fight men who can fight back? that's so him.

Comment

Originally posted by F-R-K-O View Post
      The difference is Hopkins and Jones are proven. Kessler was 39-0 and a little more proven than Chad in terms of experience. Lacy was a much bigger name than Dawson. Dawson doesn't bring very much to the table and Joe should just retire.
      Where is Kessler more experienced than Dawson at? Having 12 more fights against people with no names? Dawson won his first title at only 23 fights, and he fought his first top 10 opponent with only 22 fights. When did Kessler finally step up in competition? When he had about 35 fights. He has not beaten anyone as good as Tarver or Johnson even at the stage that Chad beat them, and maybe even Adamek. Pre Calzaghe, Mundine was his best opponent.

For example, Chad could fight 20 bums right now, but that means he would be more experienced than Calzaghe or Hopkins? Even though he would have more fights than them?

Comment

Originally posted by billybilo View Post
        How is he a hypocrite or a fake? I'm interested to hear an opinion. Dawson is nothing yet. Why should Calzaghe fight him?

If you want to see more Joe, just admit it. Don't just hype up your fighters for the sake of it.

Kellerman wants more Joe, he just cant admit it.
        Because he talks himself up like hes so great and he was dancing around in the ring when he was fighting Roy jones like he was fighting a prime and dangerous fighter when he and everyone else knew that Roy Jones is shot as shot can be. Then he has the nerve to dismiss Chad Dawson? I guess Sakio Bika and Manfredo were something huh? LMAO. I just wanna see Joe fight someone that is proven and in their prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
          retire like marciano... be atg like marciano
          jones and hopkins are both proven to be OLD. thats the ONLY reason he beats them and he knows it. afraid to fight men who can fight back? that's so him.
          Is Hopkins past his best? If he is then, Pavlik is an absolute bum. Who has Dawson beat to deserve Joe's respect?

Comment

Originally posted by egreezy View Post
            is he more proven then Lacy or Kessler who you tout as big wins?
            Zaghe is such a fake, i can't believe it white people want yet another Marciano, this time a bigger prick. He fought his best fighters when they were SHOT and ancient! Then he has the nerve to say Dawson has beaten an old man?! **** him! Now he wants to give Bernard another go because he knows Bernard can't fight for 12 at 43 years of age. Dawson can and just seeing both of them Dawson looks already so much better one can predict what would happen. And yes i predicted pretty much right every fight just based on previous performances, including the latest.

Comment

I like Dawson and would like to see the fight if Joe doesnt retire. But I also agree that he wouldnt get much credit for it. Its not gonna make or break his legacy. And it probably wouldnt draw that much.

Dawson needs to beat some of Calzaghe's ex opponents like Hopkins or Kessler to really send a message out. Because struggling against 40 year old Johnson and beating 40 year old Tarver is hardly enough to make a fight with Calzaghe a megafight....which seems to be the only thing that will keep Joe in the game.

I also think Dawson needs the experience because frankly, I could see Calzaghe ruining him at this stage before his career has even got going.

Comment

Is Hopkins past his best? If he is then, Pavlik is an absolute bum. Who has Dawson beat to deserve Joe's respect?
                Uhhh you're forgetting to mention that Pavlik moved UP 10lbs to face Hopkins. It's not like he fought at his natural weight. And you act like Calzaghe dominated Hopkins or something, I dont even think he won, it was a split decision win so what does that say about Calzaghe?

Comment

Originally posted by markfrombrookly View Post
                  Because he talks himself up like hes so great and he was dancing around in the ring when he was fighting Roy jones like he was fighting a prime and dangerous fighter when he and everyone else knew that Roy Jones is shot as shot can be. Then he has the nerve to dismiss Chad Dawson? I guess Sakio Bika and Manfredo were something huh? LMAO. I just wanna see Joe fight someone that is proven and in their prime.
                  NO, you just want to see Joe fight again. You loved it right? I've enjoyed watching Joe for years and years. Destroying all comers, he was always expected to lose. Even by the British media. Part of me wants Joe to beat Dawson................ But who would the Americans need to find next?

Comment

NO, you just want to see Joe fight again. You loved it right? I've enjoyed watching Joe for years and years. Destroying all comers, he was always expected to lose. Even by the British media. Part of me wants Joe to beat Dawson................ But who would the Americans need to find next?
                    Its funny, I predicted months ago that the Dawson bandwagon would be in full flow once Pavlik was exposed.

Next will be Andre Dirrell

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      I also think Dawson needs the experience because frankly, I could see Calzaghe ruining him at this stage before his career has even got going.
                      How can you ruin someone when you don't have power or the skill set of that fighter? What does Joe do better than Dawson? He doesn't have the power to hurt him, he is not as fast or as naturally big. We are talking about a 6'3 southpaw BOXER that can punch, and Calzaghe has not fought any ranked southpaws in his whole career. It would be a whole new environment, especially when you look at the southpaw hes facing for the first time and his biggest opponent to date.

Comment

Working...
                      X