Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs Saul “Canelo” Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sure as heck hope it's much better than Floyd/Oscar. A nearly non-action waltz for 12 rounds, with an over the hill De La Hoya, and a Floyd that couldn't pull the trigger. Canelo is young and aggressive, and not in a wide-open flailing Ricky Hatton sense.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
      i got floyd winning this by UD....canelo ain't ready for floyd..you don't go from fighting over matched opponents to all of a sudden fighting elite competition.

but i wonder if canelo will hire heredia...unless he already has heredia secretly helping him..
      but floyd could get "old" in his next fight

Comment

im shocked by the responses canelo tko ? wtf no wayy

Comment

This fight makes the most sense money wise but I think Guerrero was a tougher fight stylistically.

This is the Baldomir fight all over again, hit n run.

Comment

I'm re-watching Canelo's fight with Matthew Hatton right now. He's not that hard to outbox on the outside, but I'm not sure if Floyd can/would utilize that type of game plan for 12 rounds. Canelo knows he can't beat Floyd in the middle of the ring, and his only chance is to bully him against the ropes and target his body. Floyd is way too stubborn and sometimes your overconfidence will be your downfall.

Comment

Canelo will bully him against the ropes. He's the bigger man. Probably the most legit 154 pounder Floyd's fought. I want to see how we'll Floyd will ale the ripping shots to the body..

Comment

Originally posted by mesher View Post
                This fight makes the most sense money wise but I think Guerrero was a tougher fight stylistically.

This is the Baldomir fight all over again, hit n run.
                Canelo is much better than Baldi in every shape, way, or form.

And Floyd doesn't have the legs to fight like that anymore. It's gonna be competitive, but I see Floyd pulling out a hard fought UD.

Comment

Depends whether Floyd wants to hurt him, or is content to roll to a wide UD. Alvarez hasn't fought anybody, he is totally unprepared to mix it up with one of the best fighters of the past 40 years. Size can help, but not when the gulf in class is so huge.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
                    Uhh, how has Canelo deserved this match?

His biggest victory has been over a 40 year old Shane Mosley. He hasn't even touched the P4P list, not even with a 10 foot pole.
                    Okay, who should Floyd fight then.

Comment

Mayweather UD. The fact that Floyd would even take the fight confirms it. He knows he can win this match. He wouldn't take it otherwise. Get to know Mayweather, folks. He's the best matchmaker in boxing behind Bruce Trampler.

Comment

Working...
                      X