Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Karim Mayfield Powers Past Herrera To Win Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, he's more like a poor mans version of Shawn Porter.

Comment

I can't lie I had this fight really close..I thought Herrera put up a great fight but just came up short by 2 rds...Really good fight tho...

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
        No, he's more like a poor mans version of Shawn Porter.
        worse, a poor mans version of kirkland..

Comment

Originally posted by controlmachete View Post
          worse, a poor mans version of kirkland..
          Nah Mayfield is more skilled then Kirkland..

Comment

Poor mans version of this or that...PLEASE.

People keep trying to find a reason to say Mayfield isn't that good and all he does is keep on winning. First man to stop Forbes, Destroyed Serrano, dominated Herrera.

Look, he beat Herrera more impressively than Alvarado did. More impressively than Provodnikov did.

I think peoples eyes are trained to view a fighter a certain way and with Mayfield you just can't do that. He wasn't formally trained from adolescents. He has what boxing technical people would label as bad habits. But it is those same bad habits that make him unique and very hard to prep for.

Oh yeah, his left hook has some nice crack as well and he throws extremely 3-4 punch combos. Bottom line is that he has a very interesting package and world class power.

In closing, he would destroy Porter. KO5!

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
              mayfield is like a slower version of mosley
              Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
              poor mans version of mosley...
              Yea. He reminds me of Mosley the way he throws those right hand bombs, but as you both described he's nowhere near his Mosley's level.

Boring fight, too much holding, two judges gave too generous of a score. But Herrera did not win that fight, and I wouldn't be surprised to see some crying over the next few weeks.

I don't see much reason to excited about Mayfield.

Comment

Originally posted by DC Fight Fan View Post
                Poor mans version of this or that...PLEASE.

People keep trying to find a reason to say Mayfield isn't that good and all he does is keep on winning. First man to stop Forbes, Destroyed Serrano, dominated Herrera.

Look, he beat Herrera more impressively than Alvarado did. More impressively than Provodnikov did.

I think peoples eyes are trained to view a fighter a certain way and with Mayfield you just can't do that. He wasn't formally trained from adolescents. He has what boxing technical people would label as bad habits. But it is those same bad habits that make him unique and very hard to prep for.

Oh yeah, his left hook has some nice crack as well and he throws extremely 3-4 punch combos. Bottom line is that he has a very interesting package and world class power.

In closing, he would destroy Porter. KO5!
                Herreras corner contemplated stopping the fight late vs Alvarado that was no were near happening against Mayfield Alvarado beat him up much worse, just look at Herreras face after Alvardo/Provodnikov who do you think hits harder

He's more like a smaller faster K9 and he's not really that hard to figure out paw with the jab right hand clinch

Comment

I wasnt impressed with Mayfield. He faded bad down the stretch. Roy kept calling him a smaller tyson but all i saw was a guy throwing wild shots, missing a lot, smothering his own punches while trying to wrestle with the other guy yet he is the one gassing.

Don't get me wrong for a 31 year old... he did good... but as a fighter as a whole I don't see him doing much more especially against some fighters with real pop and a more compact style and endurance.

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
                    Herreras corner contemplated stopping the fight late vs Alvarado that was no were near happening against Mayfield Alvarado beat him up much worse, just look at Herreras face after Alvardo/Provodnikov who do you think hits harder

He's more like a smaller faster K9 and he's not really that hard to figure out paw with the jab right hand clinch
                    Seems like everytime Mayfield fights and beats someone that the sentiment is ,"Um...okay...he did good...but he's beatable". Thing is he just keep winning.

People picked Forbes on here, they picked Serrano and they overwhelmingly picked Herrera.

Comment

It was a decent fight that taught Mayfield that he needs to be more precise with his punches. He missed alot over the top and needs to throw his right to the side and up and in! Then when the opponent stands up he could land his straight right to the head. He needs more discipline as he gains expereince and be more deliberate. All in all they matched up well so the matchmaker and promoters did a good job along with the fighters & trainers! Ray.

Comment

Working...
                      X