Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Fury Still Attempting To Secure Rahman For April 16

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hasim gotta look terrible if his trainer refuses the fight, I mean its not that he's gonna fight a Klitschko or Haye , its "only" Fury..

Comment

This fight won’t happen, it was never going to happen.

It’s a marketing tool to boost PPV sales (everyone knows who Rahman is circa Lennox Lewis)

I work in marketing and I know how all this works, Christ I’ve been doing it for years.

Believe me, this fight will not happen, but they’ll string it out until the last couple of days until they’ve rinsed the PPV potential.

They will then announce that the fight is off (they’ll say injury) they’ll offer refunds for PPV subscribers, however they know full well that only a handful of people will ask for their money back.

It’s a tactic that’s been used for years in boxing.

As the song goes; “don’t believe the hype”

Comment

Originally posted by Box Up! View Post
        This fight won’t happen, it was never going to happen.

It’s a marketing tool to boost PPV sales (everyone knows who Rahman is circa Lennox Lewis)

I work in marketing and I know how all this works, Christ I’ve been doing it for years.

Believe me, this fight will not happen, but they’ll string it out until the last couple of days until they’ve rinsed the PPV potential.

They will then announce that the fight is off (they’ll say injury) they’ll offer refunds for PPV subscribers, however they know full well that only a handful of people will ask for their money back.

It’s a tactic that’s been used for years in boxing.

As the song goes; “don’t believe the hype”
        ive never once heard of offering a refund for a ppv cos an undercard fight fell through, Fury isnt even the main undercard fight, Munroe is as far as i know.

Comment

It's no longer a PPV. That seems to imply that Fury can't get a decent opponent. Rahman should have taken this.

Comment

It'd be awfully short notice at this stage. Rahman doesn't look like he keeps in shape in between fights, either.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
              i fond it hard to belive that sky rejected Meehan. More like someone on Fury's team rejected Meehan.

Hope he gets an opponent lined up, i want to see him fight live. Preferably against someone at least half decent.
              i agree.

there's no way they would turn meehan down. fury's team did the right thing, cause kali would have ko'd fury anyway.

Comment

awful fight anyway

Comment

Working...
                X