No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Sun Rises in the West for Paul Malignaggi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: The Sun Rises in the West for Paul Malignaggi

By Thomas Gerbasi - Paulie Malignaggi may wear a Los Angeles Lakers jersey these days as he lives and trains in the City of Angels, but there’s no mistaking that he still carries Bensonhurst, Brooklyn with him everywhere he goes.

“I’m a New Yorker at heart,” he said. “I’m from Brooklyn, I still represent Brooklyn, and I even bought a Laker jersey, but it’s a Ron Artest jersey because he’s from New York, so I still keep the New York flavor rolling, even out west.”

Malignaggi laughs. It may be an odd pairing, the “Magic Man” and the west coast, but he’s not a stranger in a strange land. In fact, he sounds happy in his new digs, where he works with trainer Eric Brown at the renowned Wild Card Gym.

Strangely enough, the Wild Card could be the closest he can get to replicating the feel of his early years in Gleason’s Gym in Brooklyn, where any given visit would be filled with sparring sessions pitting champions against champions, prospects against prospects, and hosts of visiting dignitaries of the sweet science who made the trip to Front Street just to get world-class work.

Things change though, and they certainly did for Malignaggi. A former junior welterweight world champion, he hit a crossroads in 2010 after a May loss to Amir Khan. Some said he was done. At times, as thousands of thoughts raced through his head, Malignaggi agreed. [Click Here To Read More]

Got 150k of paulie any takers

Comment

I think Berto vs Malignaggi would be an ok watch... I can easily see Paulie talking his way into that fight.. I don't think they SHOULD fight each other.. but i think it would be an ok watch

Comment

Cotto is a 140 pounder but he gave canelo hell so I think he can beat a smaller weaker fighter like paulie but should fight at 140 instead of keep figjting outside his class

Comment

Paulie gonna whoop that man

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
            Cotto is a 140 pounder but he gave canelo hell so I think he can beat a smaller weaker fighter like paulie but should fight at 140 instead of keep figjting outside his class
            only in the first round stupid island rat and after that he got whupped

Comment

haha "island rat". haha i love the intensity between PR and Mexico . . .

Comment

Originally posted by ThoedEssay View Post
                only in the first round stupid island rat and after that he got whupped
                why do you call them "island rat" when your own people are the scum of the earth, people who change their names every 4 months, that their own changos kids don't even know what el jefe's real name is, people who live 10 deep in a 1 room apartment eating tortillas and cheese all day!!!! slaves who wait at Home Depot to work for food. Keep your hatered *ss shut, your no better than them or anybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by gibo View Post
                  why do you call them "island rat" when your own people are the scum of the earth, people who change their names every 4 months, that their own changos kids don't even know what el jefe's real name is, people who live 10 deep in a 1 room apartment eating tortillas and cheese all day!!!! slaves who wait at Home Depot to work for food. Keep your hatered *ss shut, your no better than them or anybody else.
                  so what do you think about the Malignaggi - Cotto fight

Comment

Originally posted by gibo View Post
                    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhaha

Comment

Working...
                    X