No announcement yet.

Deontay wilder vs Tyson fury has the makings of a super fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deontay wilder vs Tyson fury has the makings of a super fight

If these guys keep on winning and call each other out post fight, on twitter, build up the hype, this fight would sell like hotcakes. People loves the heavyweights especially two champions unifying, unbeaten who talk trash and are giants.

I believe wilder will knock fury out cold, fury doesnt have enough power, but this fight needs to be in las vegas at the new mgm grand, or if the build up is huge enough in a year or two i can see it at cowboys stadium, if pacquiao can sell over 50 thousand tickets against an unmknown african like clottey, i think fury vs wilder could do that or more.

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    If these guys keep on winning and call each other out post fight, on twitter, build up the hype, this fight would sell like hotcakes. People loves the heavyweights especially two champions unifying, unbeaten who talk trash and are giants.

I believe wilder will knock fury out cold, fury doesnt have enough power, but this fight needs to be in las vegas at the new mgm grand, or if the build up is huge enough in a year or two i can see it at cowboys stadium, if pacquiao can sell over 50 thousand tickets against an unmknown african like clottey, i think fury vs wilder could do that or more.
    If Wilder doesn't land that big punch then he gets schooled by a far superior boxer in Tyson Fury. Fury probably stops him tbh.

Comment

Wilder is an intelligent fighter. But he doesn't yet know his body. Balance is a HUGE issue with him, has been since the Stiverne fight.

Fury is a precise fighter, same as Povetkin. Either one beats Wilder on points.

Fury or Haye stops Wilder - Haye more certainly.

If his promoters are smart, they will keep Wilder away from the top guys. They should have him face Briggs next just to get that name out of the way.

Comment

Idk that I could in good faith ever call a fight involving someone as raw as Wilder a super fight. If he can get past Povetkin impressively & up his skills (idk if thats even possible in the allotted time frame, but w/e) than maybe. Its a big fight cuz it'd be champ vs champ, but super fight idk about all that.

Comment

I will be on board if he beats Povetkin in any fashion.

I just see that fight as a potential trainwreck. I dunno if Wilder is just one of those fighters that doesn't pass the eye-test outside of the highlight reel KO's. I had to train myself to avoid looking at his footwork yesterday because it was bothering me. Never seen anything like it, really.

Comment

In terms of hype maybe. These arent great HW's though so i wouldnt bank on the action being that aesthetic.

Build up would be insane.

Hope Fury doesnt take his Wlad rematch too lightly. Wlad will be covering every corner to make sure he doesnt lose again, Fury needs to be ready for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
              Wilder is an intelligent fighter.

Idk about this either. I think Wilder has some natural talent & natural abilities he's able to overwhelm guys with more than he's doing a bunch of smart **** to win fights.

And idk that I'd call him a dumb fighter either or anything cuz he's gotten to a high level regardless what happens from here out, but he does some wacky **** in the ring so I can't really call him an intelligent fighter.

I think I'd call him more bold & fearless than smart & someone being bold & fearless leads to more KO's like last night than smart does. Intelligent Fighter Wilder just boxes from a distance with that long ass jab (militarized by the king of jabs Mark Breland) he gots all night long & takes far fewer risks than Wilder does.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Idk about this either. I think Wilder has some natural talent & natural abilities he's able to overwhelm guys with more than he's doing a bunch of smart **** to win fights.

And idk that I'd call him a dumb fighter either or anything cuz he's gotten to a high level regardless what happens from here out, but he does some wacky **** in the ring so I can't really call him an intelligent fighter.

I think I'd call him more bold & fearless than smart & someone being bold & fearless leads to more KO's like last night than smart does. Intelligent Fighter Wilder just boxes from a distance with that long ass jab (militarized by the king of jabs Mark Breland) he gots all night long & takes far fewer risks than Wilder does.
                He's definitely an intelligent fighter; but again, he doesn't know his own body yet. If he wasn't an intelligent fighter, he wouldn't ever get into a position where he can KO all but one of his opponents - bums notwithstanding. Wilder knows when to flick a jab and when not too. Where he fails is, in this fight, he was up against a counter puncher and got caught too much. But he adjusted extremely well. Southpaws are notoriously hard to do that with.

You saw when he squared up flat, he tagged Szpilka with a jab, then a straight right, beautifully flush. Balance.

Naseem Hamed and Edwin Valero were intelligent fighters too, despite Hamed having the same balance issues Wilder has.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that Wilder is not flawed. I'm saying that his flaws have nothing to do with ring intelligence or generalship. His flaws have everything to do with balance. His trainer can fix that.

Comment

if wilder beats povetkin and fury wins his rematch in my opinion that fight is bigger then canelo ggg. thats a lot of ifs to bad they cant just fight next
                  Last edited by Cinci Champ; 01-17-2016, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Yeah I can see this being huge this time next year if both win their next fight or two beforehand. It's a fight people seem divided on as well which will add to the interest and casual discussion.

Comment

Working...
                    X