Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is time? Is it a concept or something real in the universe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amazinger View Post

Wrong!, time is a duration not a decay. It's suppose to be linear yet Einstein theorized also that you can go through it slower than others if you travel at the same speed as the speed of light. (which remain linear)
    If there is only 1 object in the universe would their be any space or would you need two objects for space?

If there is duration but no change-(decay) would there be any time?

We have to reproduce because of time, reproduction is lifes way to survive the decaying effects of time.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
      If there is only 1 object in the universe would their be any space or would you need two objects for space?

Space in your description seem to be of distance. Space could be a vacuum. a nothingness perhaps.

If there is duration but no change-(decay) would there be any time?

There is always time and perhaps decay.( since no know element yet that defy decay.

We have to reproduce because of time, reproduction is lifes way to survive the decaying effects of time.
      Your expression here is wrong and misleading.

Now go git me a beer and a sammich kid!.

Comment

Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
        Your expression here is wrong and misleading.

Now go git me a beer and a sammich kid!.

Im asking questions not telling you how it is, Ill ask you directly, what is time?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
            thats a big butt plug that superman is sitting on

Comment

I don't like this philosophizer AlexKidd. . . Where's the penis thread at?

Comment

Time is relative, it is affected by gravity, massive gravity implies slower time. lf you're on a surface of a black hole then your 1 hour there is eqivalent to 7 years on earth. l saw that in a movie.
                Last edited by kadyo's; 06-21-2015, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                  If its something real in the universe what is it? Is it a force like gravity?

Or if its space-time as Einstein put it, what is space because there's absolutely nothing and then there's space that has tiny energy particles in it. Is time a form of energy?

Ive heard time is decay, a decaying process where constant changes happen?

What is time?
                  Holy **** you're all over the place with this rambling nonsence. Time is simply used to measure the succesion of events. Yes, it does exist. It is a fundamental unit of measurement along with things like distance, charge, mass, etc. It's good way to measure rates of change i.e with "respect to time" however other parameters can be used, as well. Time is relative, and not constant or universal. This means that time has been observed to flow differently under different conditions. For instance, time is said to come to a complete halt at black holes, kind of a weird thing. Scientists have measured time dilation with experiments at ISS and comparing to time here on earth, as a result of different gravitational pull at these locations. You get pretty interesting things as a result of time dilation, like people going off at speed of light conditions into space coming back 20 years later in their time, and earth having passed over hundreds of thousands of years, or something along those lines. Pretty confusing stuff, I read a book on time and didn't really understand it. Also, consider the directionality of time, or time's arrow, only going in 1 direction, so to speak. We cannot really re-experience past events, aside from memory or video. Pretty interesting.

YDKSAT.
                  Last edited by sparkman0811; 06-21-2015, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
                    Holy **** you're all over the place with this rambling nonsence. Time is simply used to measure the succesion of events. Yes, it does exist. It is a fundamental unit of measurement along with things like distance, charge, mass, etc. It's good way to measure rates of change i.e with "respect to time" however other parameters can be used, as well. Time is relative, and not constant or universal. This means that time has been observed to flow differently under different conditions. For instance, time is said to come to a complete halt at black holes, kind of a weird thing. Scientists have measured time dilation with experiments at ISS and comparing to time here on earth, as a result of different gravitational pull at these locations. You get pretty interesting things as a result of time dilation, like people going off at speed of light conditions into space coming back 20 years later in their time, and earth having passed over hundreds of thousands of years, or something along those lines. Pretty confusing stuff, I read a book on time and didn't really understand it. Also, consider the directionality of time, or time's arrow, only going in 1 direction, so to speak. We cannot really re-experience past events, aside from memory or video. Pretty interesting.

YDKSAT.
                    so what is time? It cant be just a measurement, if its something real in the universe, its not a force or energy, its like space.

So space must be like the "thing" that allows everything to be contained within it

Time must be the "thing" that allows sequences of events to occur, so time is alot like space except its not a container that allows stuff to be in it, its a container that allows sequences of events to happen with in it.

You can see why space and time are interwoven. Its like 2 sides of a graph.

So there must be something to time, as in there is something to space, space is made up of particles coming in and out of existence I reckon time is too, so time is made of something possible strings or particles much smaller than atoms.

This leads me to my next question, what is a force like gravity made of? I bet its made from particles too.

Comment

Originally posted by EHDM View Post
                      I don't like this philosophizer AlexKidd. . . Where's the penis thread at?

mods dont like my penis threads, here is my penis and here is the angry mod below it, as you can see this wont end well, mods dont appreciate you shoving penile in their faces

Comment

Working...
                      X