Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kell Brook performance shows elite class, as potential foe for Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
    shows elite class, as potential foe for Mayweather...............by beating a guy who failed at European level against "Sugar" Leonard Bundu or was it his show stopping performance against Tin Tin Can that sealed the deal? "Unbreakable doe".
    Ahem, stop me if you get excited i'm going to name off 5 people. You find the connection

Carlos "cop killer" Molina, Julio "where in the world" Diaz, Luis "one touch" Collazo, Devon "the earthquake" Alexander, and finally Chris "he showed up" Algieri...

Are you still standing, because i am.

Comment

Brook got slightly overrated here. He is a top 10 ww and I would be cool with either him or Khan get the May fight, however I think May will choose Khan because he doesn't give a shit about belts at this stage of his career and Khan is a way more established name in the USA than Brook. Khan looked poor VS Algieri but that doesn't change the fat that Khan is a lot more sellable in the USA than Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        I believe Kell is clearly the 2nd best fighter in the division, behind Mayweather

However, there's still work to do to be fully deserving of Mayweather. That same statement holds true for _ _ _ _ and Thurman, they need a proper legit win at 147 to deserve that fight.
        insert anyone else I've mentioned. Hear me out: EARN by definition.

a : to receive as return for effort and especially for work done or services rendered
        b : to bring in by way of return
        a : to come to be duly worthy of or entitled or suited to
        b : to make worthy of or obtain for

Thurman is closer as well as various other fighters of that shot. You fight a soup can, knock him out. and Geurerro was a 147 who been in the div for a bit and was never dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
          Brook got slightly overrated here. He is a top 10 ww and I would be cool with either him or Khan get the May fight, however I think May will choose Khan because he doesn't give a shit about belts at this stage of his career and Khan is a way more established name in the USA than Brook. Khan looked poor VS Algieri but that doesn't change the fat that Khan is a lot more sellable in the USA than Brook.
          7000 screaming fans...

If i'm not mistaken, that the same amount of people who tune it to watch the CFL.

Comment

Lol what. He did no better than khan. Algieri is ATLEAST a former world champ. Gavin sucks. All of floyds options suck pretty much. Might as well fight cotto for that 5th lineal title

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
              I believe Kell is clearly the 2nd best fighter in the division, behind Mayweather

However, there's still work to do to be fully deserving of Mayweather. That same statement holds true for Khan and Thurman, they need a proper legit win at 147 to deserve that fight.
              Lol based off what? Jabbing and holding his way to belt vs Porter?
              Thurman Bradley or Broner would be much better choices.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                Lol what. He did no better than khan. Algieri is ATLEAST a former world champ. Gavin sucks. All of floyds options suck pretty much. Might as well fight cotto for that 5th lineal title
                You fight soup cans, you knock them out, no?

Chris Algeri, Love the guy, but your telling me, he's a "LOOK AT ME, you need to revert to plan B (SLAP)" fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                  Ahem, stop me if you get excited i'm going to name off 5 people. You find the connection

Carlos "cop killer" Molina, Julio "where in the world" Diaz, Luis "one touch" Collazo, Devon "the earthquake" Alexander, and finally Chris "he showed up" Algieri...

Are you still standing, because i am.
                  You could've at least made the Algieri one funny.

Anyways, notice how you deflected?

Algieri is at least was a former World Champion. You can talk about merit all you want, but Khan is a more known fighter on "both" sides of the pond. Liked or not.

Let's look at Brook, 35 wins and besides Porter which other name stands out? Senchenko? Theat guy got stopped by Malignaggi. Alvaro Raboles? Matthew Hatton? Oh and Mayweather is most probably dropping all his belts, so unification doesn't matter.
                  Last edited by Box-Office; 05-30-2015, 06:12 PM.

Comment

It was an okay performance, kinda boring and methodical given his opponent, I say it all the time Kell is the Wlad klitschko of 147, I dont see anyone man handling this dude he is the most powerful of all the guys at welter, y ou cant budge him, Shawn Porter who is a very strong bull type fighter couldn't even budge Kell in the clinches. That shows you how strong this dude is.

I still think Floyd out boxes him since Kell is slow.

Comment

Brook:

Frankie Gavin
                      Jo Jo Dan
                      Shawn Porter: former World Champion.
                      Alvaro Robles
                      Vyacheslav Senchenko: former World Champion, stopped by Malignaggi ffs.

Amir Khan:

Chris Algieri: former World Champion
                      Devon Alexander: former two weight World Champion
                      Luis Collazo:former World Champion
                      Julio Diaz: former World Champion
                      Carlos Molina

Comment

Working...
                      X