Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will the UFC react to the first death in MMA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will the UFC react to the first death in MMA?

My friend was over and we watched the Lesnar/Velazquez and he showed me Henderson knocking out Bisping and I literally thought he died. I was just wondering I wonder if they will have to change the rules up a bit after someone dies in there. I am not hating on it but this stuff is just crazy and nor do I think it should be illegal because I think boxing can be just as dangerous and cause more head trauma but these guys bodies get all ****ed up. Just wondering do you think there will be a decline in popularity in MMA after the first death?

Already happened. Guy was gay too I think? But it wasn't really that big of a deal, I think he was dehydrated or the ref didn't stop it in time or some shit like that. It happened about a year or 2 ago I forget all the facts. I could be completely fucking wrong lol it was that long ago. I'll research tomorrow if somebody doesn't tonight.

Not a real big deal tho, shit happens just like in boxing. Fighting will always be dangerous. People die in football & baseball all the time too.

Comment

Originally posted by iloveboxing11 View Post
      My friend was over and we watched the Lesnar/Velazquez and he showed me Henderson knocking out Bisping and I literally thought he died. I was just wondering I wonder if they will have to change the rules up a bit after someone dies in there. I am not hating on it but this stuff is just crazy and nor do I think it should be illegal because I think boxing can be just as dangerous and cause more head trauma but these guys bodies get all ****ed up. Just wondering do you think there will be a decline in popularity in MMA after the first death?
      same thing that happens when guys die after a boxing match.. a sad situation but it wont hurt the popularity IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
        Already happened. Guy was gay too I think? But it wasn't really that big of a deal, I think he was dehydrated or the ref didn't stop it in time or some shit like that. It happened about a year or 2 ago I forget all the facts. I could be completely fucking wrong lol it was that long ago. I'll research tomorrow if somebody doesn't tonight.

Not a real big deal tho, shit happens just like in boxing. Fighting will always be dangerous. People die in football & baseball all the time too.
        People die in football and baseball all the time what are you talking about brother? No I mean when someone dies in the UFC?

Comment

People die in football and baseball all the time what are you talking about brother? No I mean when someone dies in the UFC?
          A few Football players have died from dehydration. And I've heard stories in the news from little league where somebody hits the ball in baseball and it hits somebody straight in the head and they die.

Accidents happen. It's in the nature of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by JayWater39 View Post
            same thing that happens when guys die after a boxing match.. a sad situation but it wont hurt the popularity IMO
            I do not think it will just because it is just weird like how Henderson hit a defense less Bisping who was already knocked out cold flat on his back. You can not hit someone who is defenseless like that in boxing.

Comment

I do not think it will just because it is just weird like how Henderson hit a defense less Bisping who was already knocked out cold flat on his back. You can not hit someone who is defenseless like that in boxing.
              OO yea that was ****ed up .. he shouldve got fined or somthing for that but UFC dont do that.. If that was me and my opponent was laid out id just walk away

Comment

In the UFC if somebody died then yeah you'd have nutjob's crying "barbarians" but it's no more dangerous then other sports. The world would still rotate and eventually it'd die down I'd guess.

Comment

Bisping look like he was dead ?

erm, have u never seen a ko before ? gtfo u racist ****

Comment

First MMA death already happened. Sam Vasquez, google it.

Comment

Working...
                    X