Collapse
No announcement yet.

"GGG Ducked Ward"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely avoid the fight, you can twist it whichever way you want, he avoided that fight. They (HBO) even had to pay off ward so he can move to 175 to remove some of the unwanted heat generated by GGG.

Comment

It's not considered a duck if it's your favorite fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
        It's not considered a duck if it's your favorite fighter.
        Brilliant post. Short and right to the point, that's exactly what's going on.

Comment

You can't duck someone who is not interested in the fight. It's ridiculous. Ward got this huge promotional outfit in ROC at his beck and call, but he did nothing. He just kept blowing smoke.

Ward is a huge joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Definitely avoid the fight, you can twist it whichever way you want, he avoided that fight. They (HBO) even had to pay off ward so he can move to 175 to remove some of the unwanted heat generated by GGG.
            Aside from all the bs of who said they'd fight what other fighter at what weight...isn't 164lbs a fair catch weight? So ggg avoided ward by offering something fair that ward could have easily accepted?

Comment

I love GGG. Ward never made him a legit offer to fight in writing. He just talked about him non stop. Matter of fact while Ward was saying he wanted to fight GGG he fought NOBODY. Ward has been a cherrypicker for 3 years now. He only fights once every 18 months on average and the last good fighter he beat was Dawson well over three years ago. GGG and Canelo are now both ranked ahead of Ward pound for pound by almost all ranking places as well they should. Anybody who still ranks Ward at or near the top of the pound for pound list is living in the distant past and not today.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                Aside from all the bs of who said they'd fight what other fighter at what weight...isn't 164lbs a fair catch weight? So ggg avoided ward by offering something fair that ward could have easily accepted?
                I respectfully disagree with that, when you come out and say I would fight anyone from 154-168 you leave yourself up for people to pick up on it, especially a boxer who struggles to get people in the ring with him, you can't offer 164 then 168 to another boxer (Froch and Chavez), you leave yourself up to criticism am afraid.

Comment

Some people live in a false reality and want sane people to join them. Ward didn't want the fight and resorted to name calling because the fans didn't believe him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    I respectfully disagree with that, when you come out and say I would fight anyone from 154-168 you leave yourself up for people to pick up on it, especially a boxer who struggles to get people in the ring with him, you can't offer 164 then 168 to another boxer (Froch and Chavez), you leave yourself up to criticism am afraid.
                    Criticism? Yea ok. But saying he ducked ward? No. You could just as easily say ward ducked him by not taking the fight at 164.

Comment

This is a stupid thread based on bias agenda and clearly emotionally driven.

I wanted to see GGG vs Ward but Golovkin's team came up with excuses. I was hoping GGG would step up and say," no no no, i want to fight the best of the best in their prime and Ward is it".
                      Instead he allowed his chatter box trainer do all the spit and HBO defused the fight.
                      I understand now that Golovkin don't care about belts because he's in his mid 30's, he's looking for that bank.
                      It's a dead issue, GGG likely will beat Canelo and get his first real live opponent win which would be a very solid win over one of boxings youngest fighter's with a very good resume and may reach stardom with that fight.
                      Ward will have fought Kovalev and if he wins he just amps his legacy by a lot. As it stands i respect Ward more for moving up and taking on fights he's not expected to win.

Ward was not the favorite at all in the Super 6 tourney and he def won't be against the Lightheavy Lochness Monster Kovalev.

When's the last time GGG wasn't expected to win a fight? He's been the favorite ever since he started pro, it will be interesting once the Canelo fight passes on what he'll do.

Comment

Working...
                      X