No announcement yet.

Best combination punchers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that fight ended with Foreman taking a 10 count.
    TKO on the account of Foreman not being able to move. That was result of a torn acl and not Cotto's superior ability. Yuri was the better fighter on that night.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
      TKO on the account of Foreman not being able to move. That was result of a torn acl and not Cotto's superior ability. Yuri was the better fighter on that night.

What a body shot. 5:19. He was cutting off the ring, outlanding Foreman and winning even before round 7. Did you watch the fight? Because the fight did get stopped by the corner, then Mercante, Jr. (*******) unstopped it before Cotto stopped it with that body shot.

Comment

hmmm well it wasnt actually a 10 count, but thats just nitpicking, innit?

who cares, Cotto is irrelevant in this discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post

What a body shot. 5:19. He was cutting off the ring, outlanding Foreman and winning even before round 7. Did you watch the fight? Because the fight did get stopped by the corner, then Mercante, Jr. (*******) unstopped it before Cotto stopped it with that body shot.
          I think a fan threw in that towel and not the corner. What a body shot? He hit a guy who could not move as he was fighting with one leg. I'm not saying Cotto doesn't have a good left to the body but this is not a good example to use, fighting a guy who is hurt and on one leg.

Yuri was the better fighter and he earned a lot of my respect and I became a fan of his after that fight.

It took a guy who is supposed to be "very good" or "world class" to beat a guy who is a C fighter at best, and it took a torn ACL and 9 rounds to do so....

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
            Who throws the best (hardest, fastest, most accurate) combinations? I have Ray Robinson, Manny Pacquiao and Meldrick Taylor are the top three for me, although Taylor lacks the power of the other two.

EDIT: Marquez is obviously up here too. He threw a triple left uppercut in the blink of an eye against Diaz, then followed with a 2-1-2, then another uppercut. What the ****.
            For me it's Sugar Ray Leonard. Amazing speed, power, accuracy. From what I've seen on video Jose Napoles was excellent as well. Arguello deserves a mention. Of course Joe Louis/Tyson/Robinson and today Juan Manuel Marquez. I think many great choices have already been mentioned here.

Comment

Louis,Tyson and Holyfield were great combo punches,leonard aswell obviously.floyd use too throw some wicked combinations too,especially at 130-135

Comment

This is not in any order, but just random off the top of my head:

Jones Jr., Tyson, Louis, Ray Robinson, Henry Armstrong, Holyfield, Meldrick Taylor, Patterson, Toney, Pacquiao, Leonard, and Marquez just to name a few.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
                  Louis,Tyson and Holyfield were great combo punches,leonard aswell obviously.floyd use too throw some wicked combinations too,especially at 130-135
                  The speed and accuracy of Floyd's combo's was amazing. I think he stopped using combo's as a result of his weak hands, which he would hurt in the middle of fights and not be able to use. He has done a great job of adapting his style to being less offensive to preserve his hands.

Comment

Ricardo Lopez

lightning speed.

pinpoint accuracy.

proper volume...he didn't stand there and throw 20 more unnecessary shoe shines for the sake of looking superhuman while at the risk of getting tagged.

textbook quality...every punch hurt, every punch counted, every punch with perfect form.

as far as today's guys go, i'll nominate jorge linares and hope he hits it big soon. his combos are snappy, quick and well placed. imo he's the most fluid puncher amongst the next generation...the kid's punches almost mirror juan manual marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                      The speed and accuracy of Floyd's combo's was amazing. I think he stopped using combo's as a result of his weak hands, which he would hurt in the middle of fights and not be able to use. He has done a great job of adapting his style to being less offensive to preserve his hands.
                      Ye a young floyd had an incredible arsenal,interesting too imagine if his career would have been any different had he never had a problem with his hands,maybe he wouldnt have developed such a safety first style

Comment

Working...
                      X