Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tonights fight was further proof of why traditional aerobic cardio is a waste of time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Badzi87 View Post
    Vitali is actually the heavier more bulkier of the two brothers, Wlad just had the more chiseled look which makes him appear the more muscular and bigger of the two.
    vitali is only heavier cus he's taller. he definitely is not bulkier or has more muscle mass

Comment

i agree. its all about the HII

Comment

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
        That was to wind him up, and he was on the list because I thought he was gonna be the future.

Plus I really thought he would beat Froch, but I was wrong.

Never liked him, doe.
        lmao…you thought he was the future and he was on your favorite fighters list but you DIDN'T like him? You know what it means to "like" someone or something, right?

Comment

Joe frazier did long runs.......and he could fight 15 intense rounds throwing power punches...................Explain that!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dabuu View Post
            Joe frazier did long runs.......and he could fight 15 intense rounds throwing power punches...................Explain that!!
            Trinidad was a marathon runner and ran like 10 miles a day or some **** and he had great stamina too but there's other guys out there that also ran a lot but have poor stamina

Comment

Originally posted by HateBoxing View Post
              u can only improve ur stamina so much, a lot of these attributes has to do with genetics. u cant teach a chin or stamina but through stuff like rolling with punches, cardio exercise u can improve them a bit.

groves just has no chin and poor stamina
              What? You can absolutely improve your cardio to the point you won't effectively gas early in fights. Groves training wasn't the right approach to keep him from gassing, simple as that.

Comment

It's also just tension. Guys like Toney, and later era Duran had awful training routines but they could still go a full fight and finish stronger than someone like Groves. What it came down to was that they were incredibly relaxed in the ring, didn't waste movement by leaping around for no reason and stayed mentally relaxed.

Guys like Groves and Taylor, two Froch opponents who he stopped late, have never been able to go late and stay relaxed. They use so much extra movement and there is so much tension in their style that they are exhausted by the end of the fight.

It's not a waste of time. You need high aerobic and anaerobic capacities, not just one. But, when two guys do the same training, the one who comes in more relaxed and gets into his groove will stay the course.

Comment

I partly agree with, but there are few factors that should be considered. Consider the fact that from a sport psychology perspective, Groves could've been gassed from being nervous or too anxious. Being a former athlete, nervousness can absolutely gas an in-shape athlete. As far as long extended cardio has several benefits, but I agree with you that sprints (short, mid-level, and long sprints) can produce the needed conditioning for a fighter. Long cardio has its importances as well. If it's running, it gives fighters muscle endurance sustainability which is needed. Whereas sprints increases testosterone levels and as a result can produce more dense muscle mass in the legs. The cost of that without proper aerobic cardio is not being able to deal with lactic acid after extended repetitive movements. This is why you see some fighters complaining of cramps (could be other reasons as well). Compare a 100m sprinter vs a 400m sprinter: one has more muscle endurance training than the other. When we say traditional it really depends on which trainer. A traditional trainer would have a fighter trained in all phases - stabilization (aerobic), strength (anerobic), and power (explosive anerobic bursts exercises). For example, one day 5 to 10mile run; another day sprints, and another day sprinting uphill and plyometrics. I've seen a lot old school trainers use these methods. I think some trainers only use aerobic exercises, mainly jogging (road work) to get their fighters in shape but it doesn't have some draw backs. One of the most negative draw backs is depleting testosterone through long cardio.

Groves did all those long runs, all those steady state jogs, and he was visibly gassed from round 5.

Boxing is high intensity and mostly anaerobic with intense bursts of energy, all that jogging just wears your joints out and makes you sluggish.

Froch does more interval stuff, more modern training techniques. Groves' conditioning coach is a moron.

They should have hired me he wouldn't have been gassed from the fifth.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                    It's also just tension. Guys like Toney, and later era Duran had awful training routines but they could still go a full fight and finish stronger than someone like Groves. What it came down to was that they were incredibly relaxed in the ring, didn't waste movement by leaping around for no reason and stayed mentally relaxed.

Guys like Groves and Taylor, two Froch opponents who he stopped late, have never been able to go late and stay relaxed. They use so much extra movement and there is so much tension in their style that they are exhausted by the end of the fight.

It's not a waste of time. You need high aerobic and anaerobic capacities, not just one. But, when two guys do the same training, the one who comes in more relaxed and gets into his groove will stay the course.

Excellent post.

Comment

Groves did all those long runs, all those steady state jogs, and he was visibly gassed from round 5.

Boxing is high intensity and mostly anaerobic with intense bursts of energy, all that jogging just wears your joints out and makes you sluggish.

Froch does more interval stuff, more modern training techniques. Groves' conditioning coach is a moron.

They should have hired me he wouldn't have been gassed from the fifth.
                      Get over yourself, that kid got owned plain and simple.

Comment

Working...
                      X