Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Movie Characters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my ready made answer for this question has always been eric draven from the crow, and john mcclane from diehard...

but I really really love the blind, helpless young man in kurosawa's ran, and the little tramp in city lights...

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      I don't know, I think that people miss the point of the character in the film. He's supposed to be a vindictive, shallow and completely delusional weirdo. But then people watch the film and go "Oh, he's really cool and funny!"
      He was completely vindictive, shallow, sexist, racist, delusional and ****phobic in the film as well, which is what made him so funny to begin with. The fact that you know how homicidal he is while he is going into deep conversations about Whitney Houston and Huey Lewis and the News, and having panic attacks over dinner reservations and business cards made it even funnier. The book obviously had less satire and humor in it but it's Christian Bale's take on the role in the film that IMO made it better. People complain about the darkly comedic angle the movie used but I thought it was hilarious and one Bale's best roles.

Comment

Comment

Last edited by ~AK49~; 04-02-2014, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Senormous View Post
            He was completely vindictive, shallow, sexist, racist, delusional and ****phobic in the film as well, which is what made him so funny to begin with. The fact that you know how homicidal he is while he is going into deep conversations about Whitney Houston and Huey Lewis and the News, and having panic attacks over dinner reservations and business cards made it even funnier. The book obviously had less satire and humor in it but it's Christian Bale's take on the role in the film that IMO made it better. People complain about the darkly comedic angle the movie used but I thought it was hilarious and one Bale's best roles.
            The book had considerable satire, but Bateman was more pathetic and disliked. And he wasn't any sort of murderer. Just obsessive about claiming the opinions of others as his own.

Comment

Carlito Bragante (sp)

Tony Montana

Alonso Harris

John Creasy

James Bond

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
                "You don't **** with the Jesus!!!"

Comment

Comment

Working...