Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sept 15 HBO/Showtime ?

Hey all,

I have Dumb question but have to ask...

We are planning to hopefully watch both events on Sept 15th.

So my question is:

If we are watching HBO, and recording Canelo/Lopez on Showtime, and if the Canelo/Lopez fight ends early, will HBO mention the results during their fight?

Or vice versa watching Showtime first then HBO???

We obviously do not want to know anything , and watch the next fight still in hopes of not knowing anything!

Thanks,

does coke can have the nutritional label for pepsi on their product?.. that should answer your question

Comment

Nope, I don't think opposing networks are even allowed to mention what goes on with other networks, at least while live on air.

For instance Jim Lampley can't all of a sudden start talking about Showtime and announcing their winners. They don't want ANY of their viewers leaving HBO to watch Showtime, so they won't even bring it up.
      Just stream one event on your laptop or comp and watch the other on TV

Comment

Thanks all, I didn't think so but had to ask.

Comment

It could happen. I mean, I can totally imagine Jim Lampley mentioning the fact that two mexican stars are fighting on the same night and making mention of the little situation of both fights on the same date while announcing the news of what happened in that other fight. SPECIALLY IF there's a delay for the Chavez-Martinez fight. Be careful and go "la la la la" if you hear "Canelo" or "Josesito".

Comment

They better not! Im planning on full night of boxing! No phone no twitter no nothing. Boxing thats it sat night...and beer

Comment

Kellerman might mention it if he's working that night...

Comment

They might, but probably wont. The JCC main event will almost certainly out wait the Canelo fight so it might be mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by subtle View Post
                  Nope, I don't think opposing networks are even allowed to mention what goes on with other networks, at least while live on air.

For instance Jim Lampley can't all of a sudden start talking about Showtime and announcing their winners. They don't want ANY of their viewers leaving HBO to watch Showtime, so they won't even bring it up.
                  Just stream one event on your laptop or comp and watch the other on TV
                  That's what I'm doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                    They better not! Im planning on full night of boxing! No phone no twitter no nothing. Boxing thats it sat night...and beer
                    Same here, I can't fricken wait!

I would be so pissed if either broadcast spoiled any of the fights. Now I'm scared Fuk!

Comment

Working...
                    X