Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

..Call Me Crazy, But.. I Don't Care For PACQUIAO-MAYWEATHER...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..Call Me Crazy, But.. I Don't Care For PACQUIAO-MAYWEATHER...

I get it. it's the biggest fight that can happen. If Mayweather gets passed Mosley, it's virtually the only fight left for the two. I understand all of this. However, this fight loses it's significance to me when I factor in the things I've factored in. These things being.....

1. I don't want to hear the post-fight rhetoric from the followers of either victorious fighter. It simply isn't worth it to me. If Pacquiao loses, I don't want to hear Mayweather fans try and belittle a fighter who has worked his ass off, come from the pits of nothing to accomplish all that he has, only to be brushed aside as nothing but hype when he is anything but. At the same time, if Mayweather loses, I don't want to hear people talk about a supreme athlete who could still beat virtually anyone else on the planet pound for pound talked about as if he's done nothing and still hasn't, when he's gone for so long undefeated, won numerous world titles and has done most of it fairly easy.

The bastards that ruin this fight are the same bastards that make this fight so big/meaningful. And I don't see this fight being worth that to me, personally. This may sound trivial, but I don't want to do what I'll be forced to do after this fight. Which will be, not coming to this forum or any other boxing forum for a month or so. I simply won't be able to put up with the ridiculous comments from either side. It's quite sad, I simply won't be able to sit through it. I will leave, and to me, that matters. I enjoy posting from time to time.

2. I don't really care who wins. When it's a big fight, I want to have someone to pull for. Usually, I pull for the better skilled fighter. I want the guy who's supposed to win, to win. In this fight, both fighters are very evenly matched. I happen to think that Mayweather most likely wins 6 times, if they fought ten times, however, that doesn't prove much. Not in terms of who's more skilled. it's more of a style match-up then anything else, and it's hard to get excited about fights like that, for me.

I think both have flaws. (Mayweather can't fight forward very well, can get hurt from single shots and doesn't handle double jabs well. Pacquiao doesn't handle great counter-punchers so well, can get cut or bruised up and when he commits to more offense than he has recently, he leaves himself open to a lot of shots.) I think both have tremendous talents. To me, this fight doesn't really solve anything. Mayweather could beat Pacquiao and you'd still have to look at both as great fighters. Vice versa. Of course, the douche bag fanatics won't agree, but I couldn't care less. It's true, and that's all that matters.

3. It's too much of a ****ing hassle. I don't care about the weight. I don't care who gets more money. I don't care who the bigger star is. I don't care about blood tests. I don't care how many PPVs this thing sells. I don't care what celebrities who fashion themselves fight fans for only the biggest fights have to say about this showdown. I don't care about who has more fans. I don't care where this fight takes place, or why. I don't care for people claiming robbery either way if the fight is close. I don't care about who retires, win or lose. It's just too much bull****.

It's just.. a ****ing.. fight. None of you get paid for it. None of you get to go to the after parties of either fighter. None of you know the fighters on some deep, personal level. None of you get percentages of the revenue. None of you will MOST LIKELY go to the fight. None of you have ever judged a professional fight, most likely. Why, in the ****, do you care so much? I get it, your fans and the word comes from the term fanatic. I understand. I'm cool, I'm hip to it. But, really, should this fight be on your mind for more than a few days after it happens? I mean, really? It doesn't matter. If any of you kill yourselves because of the outcome, (which some of you seem like you'd be on the verge of doing,) good. We don't need you here, you deserve to die.

I actually have a few more reasons, but I'll stop for fear of dragging along. The facts remain. To me, personally, this fight only really settles one thing. Who is considered p4p the best, but I don't really care about that. It's a bull**** list made up by people who seem to worry about fights that will usually never take place. It's nice to do when you're killing time, but when people are 'fighting' for a 'title' that ultimately can essentially be held by anyone, so long as they have enough followers, it's being taken too far. That's what this is.

If Mayweather loses, people will then find someone else they think can beat Pacquiao and someone else they think can be considered p4p better. Vice versa. It's pointless. Basically, the only thing this fight settles, still won't be settled.

The only thing this fight would matter for, probably won't happen. A really, classic fight. The styles don't seem to fit. Pacquiao would be more cautious then usual and will probably suffer because of that. OR, Mayweather potshots but gets hit more than usual, so he throws less, but due to respect for the caliber of his opponent, Pacquiao still plays it cautious. A 'classic fight' most likely won't take place. B+ at best, in my opinion. A slightly above-average fight. All of what I've said, in my opinion, outweighs a B+ fight.

I understand I'll probably take some heat for that. I'll hear people say it has to happen. Only fight that matters. Such and such needs to be exposed. These fans need to be shut up. Blah.. blah... mutha****in' blah. Don't care.

I.. and I know I am most likely alone.. just don't care for the fight.

Pacquiao/Valero, Mayweather/Mosley. Sounds like a good start.

That is all.

its going to be a draw imo

Comment

you're CRAZYYYY

Comment

haha nice rant. You make some good points.

Comment

Can anyone summarize the TS rant, too long for me to read at this time?

Comment

Originally posted by THe TRiNiTY View Post
            Pacquiao/Valero, Mayweather/Mosley. Sounds like a good start.

That is all.
            I didnt even read all the stuff you wrote..I just skimmed the beginning and end!..but STFU with that nonsense...Valero aint ready yet..and you know it..more like Pacquiao/Bradley

Comment

Summary. Too much hassle for a fight that will basically solve nothing but the P4P standings, which are pretty pointless when you really think about it. Both are skilled, and the hoopla that will follow the fight will be overbearing and not worth the fight itself, which could be pretty average due to the styles. If they fought 10 times, Mayweather would probably win 6 out of the ten times, in my opinion, so it really solves nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by American Dream View Post
                I didnt even read all the stuff you wrote..I just skimmed the beginning and end!..but STFU with that nonsense...Valero aint ready yet..and you know it..more like Pacquiao/Bradley
                Right.. STFU...... You know, I like Bradley/Pacquiao, too. You could have just said that.

It's not that big of a deal. Calm down.

Comment

Great points there if it happens it happens, if it doesn't **** it.....I really don't care that much.

I will tell you what though, I fairly certain that the Pavlik/Martinez Bute/Miranda card will be much more entertaining than the "super fight" even has the potential to be.

There are literally hundreds of excellent fighters who we could talk about but get little to no mention on here because everyone dickrides or hates the same two fighters in spam threads all day.

It sucks and I feels Floyd, Pac, and all of their fans hurt boxing as a whole when fights all around the world that BP makes news threads about get pushed back and never seen as the internet is the only source of info about obscure fights and fighters from around the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    Great points there if it happens it happens, if it doesn't **** it.....I really don't care that much.

I will tell you what though, I fairly certain that the Pavlik/Martinez Bute/Miranda card will be much more entertaining than the "super fight" even has the potential to be.

There are literally hundreds of excellent fighters who we could talk about but get little to no mention on here because everyone dickrides or hates the same two fighters in spam threads all day.

It sucks and I feels Floyd, Pac, and all of their fans hurt boxing as a whole when fights all around the world that BP makes news threads about get pushed back and never seen as the internet is the only source of info about obscure fights and fighters from around the world.

Which is also a big pain in the ass. I'm interested in...

Abraham/Dirrell
                    Froch/Kessler
                    Ward/Green
                    Pavlik/Martinez
                    Campbell/Ortiz
                    Donaire/Darchinyan
                    Montiel/Hasegawa
                    Mitchell/Katsidis

Just off the top of my head. True, one could make the argument that I could start the threads. For what, though? So they can be ignored and forced down? Boxing Scene has those threads made in some form and they're pushed down.

The fact that these casual fans of fighters come onto the boards and act like real fans, only to discuss one or two fights/fighters is pretty pathetic. More so than that, however, it's just boring.

Comment

Working...
                    X