Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy anniversary Pinoy Lang, eight years and still rocking..

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      war. you bomb the enemy. the japanese was in philippines.

would you prefer the japanese stayed?

times have changed. it's good to remember the past but you can't make decisions in the present because of it. you have to look to the future and make your decision based on that.
      It was an overkill and was unnecessary. Who says people prefer japs staying?

Stop being philosophical because it's all greed going and going over and over again.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! AI-Holmes!! View Post
        Happy anniversary Pinoy Lang, eight years and still rocking..
        Is that so carnal? muchas gracias.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel Alpha View Post
          Remember this, the US works for its interest alone and nothing more. If it is showing extra attention to the Philippines, because it is to her interest to do so.

The Obama administration has revamped its strategy in response to a rising China and for that reason has expressed interest in the use of its former military bases in the region.

Very recently, the US discussed with Thailand the creation of a regional disaster-relief hub at an American-built airfield that housed B-52 bombers during the 1960s and 1970s. They also said they are also interested in more naval visits to Thai ports and joint surveillance flights to monitor trade routes and military movements.

Why would US officials go to all the trouble negotiating for the use of all these military areas? That is right, they need them.

Its special interest in the Philippines is not only containment of China and preservation of international sea lanes but also in US commercial interests for oil and other high value minerals in Mindanao and Palawan.

Everything the US does is primarily for its interest. Make no mistake about it.
          They recently fixed the circumferential road in Basilan and they've been staying in Jolo for so long for reasons I can only guess.

Hey rock, talk to daniel here and I will read the two of you talking geopolitics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
            It was an overkill and was unnecessary. Who says people prefer japs staying?

Stop being philosophical because it's all greed going and going over and over again.
            maybe.

a lot of the american brass didn't even want to bother with philippines. philippines wasn't needed to get to japan.

it was macarthur who insisted. the rest preferred to just bottle the japs.

the history lessons are nice but has nothing to do with now.

Comment

They recently fixed the circumferential road in Basilan and they've been staying in Jolo for so long for reasons I can only guess.

Hey rock, talk to daniel here and I will read the two of you talking geopolitics.
              They also expanded the Gensan international airport for reasons known only to few hehe.

Research the Bell Trade Act that was imposed on the Philippines before it can be granted independence by the US.

It was replaced by another treaty, the Laurel-Langley Agreement which was actually the same dog with different collar.

These agreements were stacked heavily in favor of US economic interest.

Comment

The answer to that question is obvious and I'm a teacher of math which is devoid of politics. Politics is a very sticky subject and politicians like to circumvent things. I hate both.

I only got to think about it because our country is being used as a pawn again by super powers for their vested interest.
                since the beginning of time, it has been this way.

nations far stronger, richer than us are pawns as well.

it is just how things are, how it was, and how it always will be.

all we can do is decide whose pawn we'll be.

and even being half chinese, i'll take the kanos.

Comment

• and yes the u.s. cares about their own interest. everyone does.

can't help that.

what we need is to get OUR interests to be their interest us well.

even if it's not in our complete favor, just as long as it's beneficial to us as well.

when it comes to oil/gas, u.s. only cares that you sell to them (and their friends).

that doesn't mean they're not willing to pay for it. they will/have paid.

saudis, kuwaitis, etc. are not driving rolls and benzes for no reason.

Comment

Hey prof, do you still remember the kano that was building home made bomba in his hotel room in Davao? The bomba accidentally went off and severed his arms and legs.

That same kano was whisked away by US embassy staffs from his hospital bed at the middle of the night and brought straight to the airport and flown back to the US.

The bomba parts that were found in his hotel room was similar to the bomba being used by the terrorist in mindanao.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel Alpha View Post
                      Hey prof, do you still remember the kano that was building home made bomba in his hotel room in Davao? The bomba accidentally went off and severed his arms and legs.

That same kano was whisked away by US embassy staffs from his hospital bed at the middle of the night and brought straight to the airport and flown back to the US.

The bomba parts that were found in his hotel room was similar to the bomba being used by the terrorist in mindanao.
                      i heard he left his hat with lettering CIA on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X