Need you guys help I weigh 144 need to get to 132 help i have low body fat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    great advice, thanks bro

Yea I work morning and have a part time job..i train 3 hours to make up for not being able to train 5 days a week.

I have a heavy bag at home so, im gonna start doing light work outs in the morning before work

for breakfast I usually drink green tea and eat almonds, grapefruit or pineapples.

I try not to eat too heavy after i make it home at 10 pm...what do you suggest for a light meal at night?
    Whatever you choose at night, make sure it has a good sized piece of protein and plenty of vegetables. You're in your 30's now and vegetables will start making a big difference in your overall health. They help keep you lean as well.

Keep an eye on the fats. The best way to do that is to make your food yourself and look at the fat content on everything you buy. You do need fats, quality fats, but the levels most Americans get are insane. Same goes for sugars. Be conscious about your macro nutrients. That will give you a ton of control over your diet and take away the guesswork.

Comment

I ended up losing what became the most important fight of my life...... at the scales.

A guy who I had fought before, he laid me cold the last time that we met.

At the Palace, James Toney undercard.

I stated 147, He stated 140. We finally agreed at 142lbs. The month earlier I had fought at the Palace, stopping a guy from Ghana for the entertainment of the crowd.

The guy from Ghana was a 154lber

That means that for this fight I had approximately one month to drop back down from jr. middle to jr. welter. With our contract max weight was 142lbs. I made the weight but had next to nothing in true strength. Losing the weight caused me to become infected with a nasty bug.

Lost that one at the scales and then again in the ring fighting with that flu. That was a miserable experience in lack of oygen.

Fight where with just a little effort, you make weight. Fight at a weight where you are strong.
      Last edited by Rockin'; 09-13-2016, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        I ended up losing what became the most important fight of my life...... at the scales.

A guy who I had fought before, he laid me cold the last time that we met.

At the Palace, James Toney undercard.

I stated 147, He stated 140. We finally agreed at 142lbs. The month earlier I had fought at the Palace, stopping a guy from Ghana for the entertainment of the crowd.

The guy from Ghana was a 154lber

That means that for this fight I had approximately one month to drop back down from jr. middle to jr. welter. With our contract max weight was 142lbs. I made the weight but had next to nothing in true strength. Losing the weight caused me to become infected with a nasty bug.

Lost that one at the scales and then again in the ring fighting with that flu. That was a miserable experience in lack of oygen.

Fight where with just a little effort, you make weight. Fight at a weight where you are strong.
        appreciate it bro....I wrestled at 135 and 140 in high school.....140 I can eat, run work out hard and be full of energy, anything below that is hit or miss

im older now and when I was 18 I struggled to make weight, couldn't wrestle in the area tourney, missed weight by .2 pounds...i'll never forget that..i went to state my first year and didn't my last smh

Im going to see what my body tells me and if 141 it is, that's what its gonna be .....I'll happily give up height and reach to have 100% energy

I haven't weighed under 140 since I was like 20 years old lol

im gonna take my time and listen to my body bro, I definitely don't miss cutting weight

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          got damn...i dont have that kind of time....8 miles 3x a week....i can do one mile 3-4 times a week to start
          Google HIT (high intensity training)
          There should be many youtube videos on it.

I've heard it's a better way to lose weight. You burn more calories with that. I think it includes sprints, jumps and so on, everything done at fast pace and very intensive. 20-30 minutes of that might be enough for you to start losing weight.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
            Google HIT (high intensity training)
            There should be many youtube videos on it.

I've heard it's a better way to lose weight. You burn more calories with that. I think it includes sprints, jumps and so on, everything done at fast pace and very intensive. 20-30 minutes of that might be enough for you to start losing weight.
            my brother was telling me about that...im gonna check that out and incorporate it on the days I dont go to the gym

thanks maxi

Comment

Working...
            X