No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins took calculated risks, he is 1 of the most overrated modern ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    What you just described about GGG is literally exactly the same as Calzaghe in 2006.

Calzaghe in 2006 fought zero fighters ranked in the top 5. He was the WBO champion that he won vacant vs an unranked fighter.

Address your hypocrisy.
    no hypocrisy dumb azz....even before fighting Lacy, Calzaghe beat better fighters and more world champions than GGG

thank you, come again

Comment

• [QUOTE=-PBP-;16907048]Official definition of Undisputed champion - Holds the WBC, IBF, WBA and WBO Belts

therealpugilist - The WBO is not legitimate (your words not mine. You said this)

Undisputed champion per therealpugilist - Holds the WBC, IBF and WBA belts

Gennady "GGG" Golovkin - Holds the WBC, IBF and WBA Belts

Undisputed champion per therealpugilist - Gennady "GGG" Golovkin

Ain't nobody putting words into your mouth main man. That's what you said.

NSB...Did I put words into therealpugiist 's mouth? Or did he actually say that:

1. Undsputed or lineal is a legitimate champion
      2. The WBO is illegitimate?

Come on son. Don't play me like that.

NO NO NO..You just said the WBO was not legitimate. Now you are calling him a titlist. Pugilist I NEED SOME CONSISTENCY BRO!!! Your killing me right now.

A few minutes ago it was:

You called Joe Calzaghe and undefeated world champion. Then you say the WBO is not legitimate. Now you turn back and call him a titlist.

Dude is ALL OVER THE PLACE.

And why would Hopkins move up to fight for a title you don't even consider to be legitimate? Come on man.

"Hi, I'm therealpugilist and I make up definitions of undisputed and rewrite history when I get my ass kicked in boxing debates."

But bro, you said a legitimate world champion is either undisputed or lineal. GGG is undisputed by YOUR DEFINITION.

Where is the consistency bro? No wonder you love inconsistent fighters like James Toney.
      who has a better resume...GGG today or Calzaghe in 2006....explain and deliberate...if you cant, STFU

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        no hypocrisy dumb azz....even before fighting Lacy, Calzaghe beat better fighters and more world champions than GGG

thank you, come again
        It is blatant hypocrisy. How can you justify it?

Calzaghe had fought zero reigning champions at that point and wasn't even a legitimate champion. He'd also fought zero fighters ranked in the top 5.

Tarver was the Lineal LHW Champion. According to you, the only title that matters.

How can you say that at that time he should have fought Calzaghe with this in mind?

Comment

who has a better resume...GGG today or Calzaghe in 2006....explain and deliberate...if you cant, STFU
          Debatable. Both have/had poor resumes

Golovkin has beaten a reigning champion and a few top 5 guys whereas Calzaghe fought zero.

But regardless, it's irrelevant.

What's being highlighted here is your hypocrisy, you praise Calzaghe and tear down GGG when they are/were one and the same.

Comment

Equal. They were both meh.

But why are we debating GGG vs Calzaghe resume? The issue at hand is you are a hypocrite and contradict yourself over and over and over.

I mean look at your post above this one. You said Calzaghe beat more world champions. But I thought only the lineal title mattered??????

It's like you dropped everything you stand for in the sport of boxing to avoid admitting you were wrong.

Just give Hopkins credit for taking a major risk in fighting the lineal champion at 175 2 divisions higher. It's everything you ask today's fighters to do.

Comment

• B Hop is my Top 10 ATG EVER
              i think he beat taylor BOTH times
              he lost to dawson(a PRIME dawson)

ppl fail to forget that he started boxing LATE unlike alot others and you more than anybody should know that realpugilist
              he started boxing in chain gang went pro at like 22 or some **** like that and to me he, james toney and prime roy were the ONLY fighters around that time that could compete in the hay day of boxing at least two generations before them
              B Hops resume is unquestionable bc thats why nobody can really question it. carlos monson is overrated in my eyes name me 3 fighters he beat and what were their resumes at the time he fought them and look at the STYLE of monson he was never really good and if you showed him angles in which most of his fighters did NOT he could easily be beat by ANY of the great middleweights of the past

Comment

one person cant speak for the entire planet, moving on bro...you werent interested in seeing the fight..both were one weight class apart for a long time....say that, keep it simple and move on.
                So you're saying you were calling for Hopkins-Calzaghe in 1998, 1999ish? Honestly.

Comment

• Originally posted by -PBP- View Post

You're actually trying to argue that Hopkins fighting for an unrecognized paper title in 2006 was a more respectable move than fighting the LINEAL champion at 175. After you CONSTANTLY argue how the LINEAL CHAMPIONSHIP IS THE ONLY ONE THAT MATTERS.

This is thread is outrageous.

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post

Where is the consistency bro? No wonder you love inconsistent fighters like James Toney.
                  Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  This beating is hideous. Inhumane.

This guy really said that the Lineal Title is the only title that matters and paper titles don't count.

Calzaghe in 2006 - Paper champion one weight class above

Tarver in 2006 - Lineal Champion 2 weight classes above.

Ultimately that's what it comes to. As I said earlier in the thread, IronDan shut down practically every argument with facts as to why Hopkins is better than Toney. He's a Toney fan and he can't accept Hopkins is better so he had to make this thread to try and mitigate Hopkins' greatness and superiority over Toney.

It's mental how he says Hopkins took calculated risks. I mean going by his definition, doesn't every fighter, including his favourite Mayweather?

Comment

• You're funny therealpugilist , anything for your agenda. You used to hate on Calzaghe on NSB, peep game:

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    Calzaghe is overrated....very good fighter but come on...he fought the greats when they were not great anymore...especially Jones....wouldnt go near him or the USA in the late 90s and early 2000s

Calzaghe milked that WBOgus belt until the 2000s and they finally started unifying. It was save to move up once Jones lost a step and started taking losses
                    And I remember you saying how Hopkins would beat all these guys (Calzaghe, Taylor) if he was prime and he only lost because he was past prime, check:

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    Mid to late 90s was his prime...got the big fights a bit late like calzaghe
                    During that time he was a complete fighter, aggressive great defense counters, power to knockout guys...this Hopkins beats Taylor, calzaghe, and beats most of the best middleweights ever
                    So why you lyin in this thread? Why you trying to rewrite history acting like your own post history isn't documented? You got exposed multiple times in this thread and now I have to drop this because you won't stop.

Last edited by ИATAS; 07-29-2016, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                      You're funny therealpugilist , anything for your agenda. You used to hate on Calzaghe on NSB, peep game:

And I remember you saying how Hopkins would beat all these guys (Calzaghe, Taylor) if he was prime and he only lost because he was past prime, check:

So why you lyin in this thread? Why you trying to rewrite history acting like your own post history isn't documented? You got exposed multiple times in this thread and now I have to drop this because you won't stop.

"WBOgus champion" That's actually a good one. I like that.

"He was a title holder"

All this because I said Hopkins is better than Toney. Worst part about it is I'm not even a fan of Hopkins.

Comment

Working...
                      X