No announcement yet.

2016 is Errol Spence Takeover Year....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
    He'll walk through Algieri but I don't really rate him.

Slow, flat footed, very hittable, he'll be decent and around the top ten but he'll never be elite.
    I think he's gonna have trouble with Algieri.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ. View Post
      Algerie is actually not bad lol. I think algerie beats spence
      Of course all the Khan fans are picking Algieri to win. Algieri gave Khan a hard fight so rather than admit Khan looked bad against Algieri they have turned Algieri into this great fighter than only Khan can beat. Get ready for a rude awakening Khan fans. Algieri is not very good and he gave Khan a hard fight because Khan isn't very good. Spence will easily win every round and knock Algieri out. You will see how a top welterweight takes care of mediocre welterweights like Algieri.

Comment

Its interesting how "top fighters" no longer have to have anything to back it up. Who has spence beat? algieri will he his toughest opponent to date by far.

Not long ago imam was considered the goods and look what happened there. Dont understand this bandwagon cheerleading before a good win, seemingly based on glorified sparring type opponents, short notice no hopers.

Wouldnt surprise me if this is a tough fight, or algieri wins. Should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ. View Post
          Algerie is actually not bad lol. I think algerie beats spence
          Originally posted by Hype job View Post
          He'll walk through Algieri but I don't really rate him.

Slow, flat footed, very hittable, he'll be decent and around the top ten but he'll never be elite.
          You might be right and time will tell. To my eyes Spence has good foot work and very fast hands and he doesn't get hit much. I think he will become a champion soon and stay an undefeated champion a long time

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
            Its interesting how "top fighters" no longer have to have anything to back it up. Who has spence beat? algieri will he his toughest opponent to date by far.

Not long ago imam was considered the goods and look what happened there. Dont understand this bandwagon cheerleading before a good win, seemingly based on glorified sparring type opponents, short notice no hopers.

Wouldnt surprise me if this is a tough fight, or algieri wins. Should be interesting.
            You are right that Spence has not proven himself against top 10 world rated fighters yet. But anybody can say a fighter is good after he is a champion with many great wins. Where is the challenge in doing that? I like to try to pick a star very early before everybody else says how good he is. If I am wrong there is no harm done. I picked Canelo early when most thought he was no good. I think Spence will be a big star within 2 or 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Of course all the Khan fans are picking Algieri to win. Algieri gave Khan a hard fight so rather than admit Khan looked bad against Algieri they have turned Algieri into this great fighter than only Khan can beat. Get ready for a rude awakening Khan fans. Algieri is not very good and he gave Khan a hard fight because Khan isn't very good. Spence will easily win every round and knock Algieri out. You will see how a top welterweight takes care of mediocre welterweights like Algieri.
              Im not even denying algerie gave khan a tough fight. Also algerie has never been knocked out hes tough ,provodkinov and manny couldnt put him away so i dont think spence will. Algerie is actually not a bad fighter hes not top p4p either hes just solid, its good matchup that will show how good spence really is .

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post

You know what, you're probably right. Algieri is underrated.

Comment

I predict Spence will be IBF World Champion by the end of the year....But sadly he won't win it from Brook because I think Kell will move up to 154 probably after his next fight vs Kevin Bizier

Algeiri won't be easy nor it is a given that Spence Jr wins

People haven't even seen the very best from Spence Jr.
                  Last edited by sicko; 02-23-2016, 02:23 PM.

Comment

When he fought Samuel Vargas he looked great, even defensively with his textbook block catching everything.

Then the Phil Le Greco fight I thought he was suspect defensively in round 1 ok maybe i'm being harsh with only 1 round.....

Then in his last fight he looked extremely suspect defensively, getting hit FLUSH with uppercuts a few times.

His offense is great, nice jab, punch variety especially to the body but it seems the more time goes on he is getting more vulnerable and against a top contender could get clipped and knocked out.

Defence is more like a 6 at best imo.

Comment

Dude passes the eye test...but we all knows its levels to this boxing shlt.......Look what happened to guys like Berto, Ortiz...Slow it down and give dude some time to start fighting ranked guys before "he takes over" lol

Comment

Working...
                      X