Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Kell Brook's latest setback have a negative effect on his next fights????????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he will get back in the ring when he will be totally OK + though the legs are important, he isn't a fighter who base his stlye to mevement, actually I think he moves just a little (this is why his style is boring for me) so no I don't think that this will cause negative effects in his future. I think and I hope it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by `STEELHEAD
      you've heard his legs are damaged and he lost blood.
      where are you reading this? are you confused and thinking about his carson jones fight in 2012?
      explain please.

or is this a joke thread.
      No joke thread Brook is the next big thing British Boxing and that he has an extremely damaged leg raises massive concern on his future performance.

Brook having a title makes him a big target in a division that is loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
        It sounds ridiculous but I actually agree with you. Spanish islands are some of the safest places in the world I have hard time believing some guy, in the Canary Islands, would pick a fight with someone as ripped as kell.

Is it possible kell got loaded, acted like a belligerent Brit and got ****ed up?
        yah there has to be more to this. it's either the guy who stabbed kell brook is just mentally unstable in the head or he was hired by someone to put a hit on kell brook (not to kill but enough to have an effect on his boxing career). sort of like tonya harding putting a hit on kerrigan.

Comment

I don't think it's going to affect his performance in future fights. The main negative from this is the obvious damage to his well being, but also the postponement of the 9/6 Sheffield blockbuster.

Glad he's alright and look forward to a 2015 of title defenses and 1 cracking of Queen Khan's chin. War Ezekial "The Prophet" Brook!

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            I don't think it's going to affect his performance in future fights. The main negative from this is the obvious damage to his well being, but also the postponement of the 9/6 Sheffield blockbuster.

Glad he's alright and look forward to a 2015 of title defenses and 1 cracking of Queen Khan's chin. War Ezekial "The Prophet" Brook!
            It might have an effect on him mentally but i don't see it effecting him physically.

Comment

If Brook is able to do roadwork and doesn't miss too much time he should be as good as ever. I've seen a fighters recover from gunshot wounds, so if no tendons, ligaments, etc. were damaged he'll be just fine.

Comment

He'll be fine.

Comment

I don't think it was an organised assault. If it was, it involved more than 5 people, acting for an entire evening each with their own elaborate, perfectly acted back story.

The encounter with this guy was chance. It took place after everyone else at the small private party (run by the bar owner) he was at had left and the guy invited him back to his apartment for drinks.

Why he made this decision I have no idea. The guy said "a boxer cannot compete with a street fighter" and then he slashed him with a machete with no warning in the leg. It looks like a shark bite and is around 30 cm long and very deep.

The person concerned was talking about cars and then suddenly started talking about boxing and street fighting with no warning.

I have a feeling he was on cocaine, or coming down off it. The high he was on earlier on in the evening was gone, and he decided to try and hack one of Brooks legs off.

The fact that he took a free swing with a machete and aimed at his leg suggests he wasn't trying to kill him.

I have no idea how he has not been caught as of yet or even arrested. The police should have his name, documents associated with his residence at the villa in addition to a pretty good likeness on a smallish island like Tenerife.

I think it has to affect his performance as a boxer in some way, to what extent remains to be seen. One thing is for sure, Brook is no stranger to violence or being stabbed. He was stabbed a few years ago and has been convicted of assault. He seems to be drawn toward violence and thugs. Perhaps he saw that in this guy and thats why he went back.

Who knows.. he nearly died and imo got off lightly.

Comment

As far as we know, the cut didn't cause any ligament or nerve damage, only some minor muscle tissue has been affected. He's already walking and should be able to feel anything in a couple of months time.

He'll be fine, but the scar is horrendous.

Comment

Working...
                    X