Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 7 News Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resident Evil Revelations is the way I hope Capcom goes with RE7. Rev, visually, was not PS3 standards, it was just 3DS graphics enhanced so I imagine a game similar to RE Rev but with full PS4 graphics. You'll have a classic RE game instantly.

Speaking of RE classics, i'm tight that Capcom still hasn't remade RE2-RE3 with modern graphics.

Comment

I skipped based on word of mouth but I recently just grabbed RE5 for 6 bucks at gamestop. I had it when it first came out but I never beat it and I love the setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Burner View Post
        I skipped based on word of mouth but I recently just grabbed RE5 for 6 bucks at gamestop. I had it when it first came out but I never beat it and I love the setting.
        RE5 is not a bad game, it gave me lots of hours of gameplay. I think RE5 with a little more Survival Horror, would have been the perfect RE game. But RE4 beats it out really. The hours RE4 gave me, is 2nd to maybe Mario and Mortal Kombat back on SNES.

I judge games on replay value, does it make me come back for more, does it give me a reason to beat it again, and again? RE5 did that. I didn't get that with RE6. That's my personal rating criteria because I don't buy many games, so when I do I want it to last. Hopefully RE7 is full of content and unlockables that make me come back for more.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Burner View Post
          RE5 is a lot of fun with someone else. I didn't like it playing myself, but my brother and I have beaten it together a couple of times.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            I hope Capcom does not rush RE7. Come out with it 5 years from now for all I care but just make it good and scary like back in the RE1-RE4 days. I trust them this time, i'm sure they'll come up with some thing better than RE6. RE6 was not a bad "video game" it was just a bad Resident Evil game. If it was titled something else, with different characters, and a different story other than the whole "Virus outbreak" stuff, the game would have been praised. It's just that as an RE title, one of the longest lasting titles in gaming history, there's a high standard that they just didn't meet with RE6.

I mean speak of the devil, pun intended, Devil May Cry, the first DMC for PS2 was actually how Resident Evil 4 was going to be, but the developers made a U Turn and did something different with RE4, but kept the other original RE4 story and just turned it in a different series, Devil May Cry, which has done very well. They could have done this with RE6, just cross it out as an RE title and make it a brand new series.
            I thought RE6 was just a bad game in general. RE5 was a bad RE game, but a good game without the name. RE6 was awful to play IMO.

Comment

My first RE game was actually 4 so I was pretty hyped for 5 that game was a huge letdown for me as bad as 6 was I actually preferred it too 5 especially Leons campaign

Comment

I hated RE5, as well.

I've been missing a few easy achievements for it since I first completed the game when it came out, but I found it to be so tedious that I never even when back to fully complete it.

The idea of playing through it again just bores me to tears.

Comment

Also : Yes, RE6 was a bad video game.

It wasn't bad because it had the RE name on it and failed to live up to that name, it was bad because it was a broken piece of **** that felt more like an interactive Michael Bay film than a video game and was littered with QTEs, set pieces, and a ridiculous control scheme that took ****ing forever to figure out and required looking up a goddamn tutorial online because the game didn't come with a manual, nor did it have any in-game explanations as to how to perform complex actions.

EXAMPLES :

How do you auto-mix herbs and insta-load pills?

How do you paint targets for your AI partner?

How do you rapidly regain stamina?

How do you daze enemies?

How do you slide?

How do you roll while standing?

How do you perform a quick shot?

I literally had to look up the answers to all of these questions (and more) on ****ing google, because the game didn't even attempt to explain to the player how to perform these actions.

That's not even pointing out how I had to then memorize each lengthy command prompt (many of which required the use of two, sometimes three separate buttons) for future reference.

How the **** are players supposed to know this stuff without A.) A manual, B.) The internet, or C.) A more informative tutorial that actually teaches you the stuff you need to know instead of the **** you already picked up from RE4 and RE5?

Instead, Capcom expects you to print out a goddamn PDF file just so you can play the damn game.

This game is indefensible. Seriously.

Comment

Resident Evil 4 is the best of the entire series for me by a long way. I must have complete it a least 2 Dozen times.

Then 1 and 2 for their Nostalgic value, but also because at the time they were awesome games.

Oh and the Tyrant > All the stupid bosses that mutate 40 times until they're the size of a building.

[IMG]http://ist2-2.filesor.com/***********.com/1/_/_/_/1/1/I/J/r/1IJrc/tyrant1_gamecube_res.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
                      Resident Evil 4 is the best of the entire series for me by a long way. I must have complete it a least 2 Dozen times.

Then 1 and 2 for their Nostalgic value, but also because at the time they were awesome games.
                      For me, the RE remake on the Gamecube is the best RE game of all time, with RE4 and RE2 fighting it out for the number 2 spot.

Oh and the Tyrant > All the stupid bosses that mutate 40 times until they're the size of a building.

[IMG]http://ist2-2.filesor.com/***********.com/1/_/_/_/1/1/I/J/r/1IJrc/tyrant1_gamecube_res.jpg[/IMG]
                      I completely agree.

Looking at video games now it seems like every boss is the size of the White House. I'm not sure when that started, but I believe 'God of War' was instrumental in making it the norm.

In some games it's done amazingly well (Shadow of the Colossus, because it was part of the narrative), but for the most part it seems really cliched now. I'm honestly much more surprised when a boss doesn't dwarf me these days.

Comment

Working...
                      X