Collapse
No announcement yet.

I refuse to order Showtime PPV if…

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALso if YOU wanna talk about annoyING ****s with an exAGGERATED style of speakING, you shOULD look NO furTHER than ME.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Lampley sucks pretty bad too, but I get your point. Still....when the rumors were flying about Pacquiao being on PED's, HBO didn't say one thing negative about it. With Marquez rumors now, they dedicated an entire Fight Game show to it....

I like Showtime's commentary better, at least they have Bernstein and Paulie isn't a bad commentator.

Ranallo's over exaggerated voice is pretty annoying though.
      About Lampley is, he’s been calling boxing since the mid 80’s, he’s not clueless to the sport, and he has his funny moments, like Bang Bang, and being told off by George. Most of us are actually use to him, to me bias Lampley and terrible Lederman Judging doesn’t bother me at all anymore because I’m use to it, and at least they don’t sound like The Rock is going to do the people’s elbow every time a punch lands

Comment

The bi-polar rock 'n roller. I enjoy his enthusiasm and energy.

Comment

Originally posted by RajahBell View Post
          I don't think it will be too much of a problem, he does mostly MMA commentary. Besides some fans like to watch fights muted and in super slow motion.
          Yea but live ppv? I don’t think so

Comment

Originally posted by pturtle View Post
            About Lampley is, he’s been calling boxing since the mid 80’s, he’s not clueless to the sport, and he has his funny moments, like Bang Bang, and being told off by George. Most of us are actually use to him, to me bias Lampley and terrible Lederman Judging doesn’t bother me at all anymore because I’m use to it, and at least they don’t sound like The Rock is going to do the people’s elbow every time a punch lands
            I'm use to it, but he's still dumb as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              ALso if YOU wanna talk about annoyING ****s with an exAGGERATED style of speakING, you shOULD look NO furTHER than ME.

Hahaha I respect your opinion man but I’m one of the few who likes Lampley, I he’s unpredictable to me, sometimes he’s biased, sometimes he tells it like it is, sometimes he calls out Jim and Lederman, sometimes he tries to hard about being honest that he becomes dishonest when calling a fight. I do like him, though he knows his boxing, Bob Papa is another one they should get rid of but his voice isn’t like that MMA fool

Comment

Wait a damn minute! You guys prefer a guy like Lampley, that NEVER calls the fight, and only talks about random ass ****, to Mauro, a guy that calls damn near every punch for each of the fighters???

Lampley is notorious for only calling the shots for the "money" fighter, and never calls it down the line.

Give me Mauro any day of the week over Lampley's garbage ass.

Lampley would rather talk about a fighter's personal life, and his wife and kids, rather than calling the damn fight. He's utterly garbage.

Comment

Hahaha I respect your opinion man but I’m one of the few who likes Lampley, I he’s unpredictable to me, sometimes he’s biased, sometimes he tells it like it is, sometimes he calls out Jim and Lederman, sometimes he tries to hard about being honest that he becomes dishonest when calling a fight. I do like him, though he knows his boxing, Bob Papa is another one they should get rid of but his voice isn’t like that MMA fool
                  I think Lampley has an iconic voice, he does know boxing but he's very, very biased towards the fighter that HBO is promoting. For example, his coverage of the JMM vs Pac fights, if you were listening to them without watching them, you would think Pac was absolutely destroying Marquez.

The reason I think Al Bernstein is the best is because not only does he know boxing, he makes points and always seems to refer to the boxers for their view point. Giving way to their experience in the ring and giving that basic respect. Max Kellerman used to be good but he's over stepping his boundaries as of late. He talks like he actually was a pro fighter.

I don't always agree with Bernstein but he makes intelligent points and is not biased at all. In his coverage of the Mares vs Agbeko I fight, Mares was the star of Showtime but he repeatedly expressed his displeasure with the low blows.

Comment

They don’t drop , Mauro Ranallo from the commentating crew. The guy knows zero about boxing and when he commentates, he makes everything sound fake like he’s a wrestling commentator.

At least with Jim Lampley, he has a history of being a commentator, and half the time when he saids dumb things its fun to talk about on here, he also isn’t clueless about this sport like Mauro Ranallo, sure he’s biased but most commentators are.

The rest of the Showtime crew are very good and to me at least rival the HBO commentators, I like Bernstein and Mallinaggi a lot, I also like Roy and Kellerman(even though he is the most hated after Lampley) but that fool Mauro Ranallo has to go.

Can you guys really picture yourself watching Mayweather/Guerrero and Canelo/Trout listening to that guys voice the whole night? He should be working MMA still or WWE, its a disgrace to have him call Boxing.

Just look at his dumb face

I prefer this guy's commentating over Kellerman, even if Kellerman was a walking Boxing encyclopedia.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                      I think Lampley has an iconic voice, he does know boxing but he's very, very biased towards the fighter that HBO is promoting. For example, his coverage of the JMM vs Pac fights, if you were listening to them without watching them, you would think Pac was absolutely destroying Marquez.

The reason I think Al Bernstein is the best is because not only does he know boxing, he makes points and always seems to refer to the boxers for their view point. Giving way to their experience in the ring and giving that basic respect. Max Kellerman used to be good but he's over stepping his boundaries as of late. He talks like he actually was a pro fighter.

I don't always agree with Bernstein but he makes intelligent points and is not biased at all. In his coverage of the Mares vs Agbeko I fight, Mares was the star of Showtime but he repeatedly expressed his displeasure with the low blows.
                      Bernstein is undoubtedly the best.

Comment

Working...
                      X