Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Evander Holyfield rank among all time great Heavyweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does Evander Holyfield rank among all time great Heavyweights?

Where does Evander Holyfield rank among all time great Heavyweights?

I feel like just about everyone has Muhammad Ali and Joe Louis as their Top 2, but I think Holyfield makes Top 5. Thoughts? Where do you rank him?

(Top 5 Wins)
    1. Muhammed Ali 56-5(37) (Liston(X2), Fraizer (X2), Nortan (X2), Patterson (X2), and Foreman) - 3 Time Champ, 22 Title Wins
    2. Joe Louis 66-3(53) (Baer, Braddock, Ettore, Shemling, and Walcott (X2)) - 25 Defenses, 26 Title Wins
    3. Lennox Lewis 41-2-1(32) (Holyfield, Tyson, Tua, Vitali, and McCall) - 2 Time Champ 15 Title Wins
    4. Larry Holmes 69-6(44) (Ali, Nortan, Shavers (X2), Witherspoon, and Cooney) - 20 Defenses 21 Title Wins
    5. Wladimir Klitschko 64-4(53) (Haye, Chagaev, Byrd (X2), Povetkin, and Peter (X2) - 18 Defense (23 Total), 2 Time Champ, and 25 Title Wins
    And all 5 of the Champs I just mentioned make up the top 5 most title wins, and top 8 title defenses
    Every time Holyfield fight a top opponent he lost (Lewis and Bowe)

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
      (Top 5 Wins)
      1. Muhammed Ali 56-5(37) (Liston(X2), Fraizer (X2), Nortan (X2), Patterson (X2), and Foreman) - 3 Time Champ, 22 Title Wins
      2. Joe Louis 66-3(53) (Baer, Braddock, Ettore, Shemling, and Walcott (X2)) - 25 Defenses, 26 Title Wins
      3. Lennox Lewis 41-2-1(32) (Holyfield, Tyson, Tua, Vitali, and McCall) - 2 Time Champ 15 Title Wins
      4. Larry Holmes 69-6(44) (Ali, Nortan, Shavers (X2), Witherspoon, and Cooney) - 20 Defenses 21 Title Wins
      5. Wladimir Klitschko 64-4(53) (Haye, Chagaev, Byrd (X2), Povetkin, and Peter (X2) - 18 Defense (23 Total), 2 Time Champ, and 25 Title Wins
      And all 5 of the Champs I just mentioned make up the top 5 most title wins, and top 8 title defenses
      Every time Holyfield fight a top opponent he lost (Lewis and Bowe)

He did the unthinkable & destroyed Mike Tyson has a win over Bowe, Moorer & Foreman among others. He also arguably could be 1-1 with Lewis.

Comment

Four time world champion. Was robbed of being the oldest ever world champion. Wins over Tyson x2, Bowe, Cooper, Ruiz, Foreman, Moorer, Holmes, Douglas & so on

The best trilogy in HW history.

Top 10 HW probably closer to 5.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          [/B]

He did the unthinkable & destroyed Mike Tyson has a win over Bowe, Moorer & Foreman among others. He also arguably could be 1-1 with Lewis.
          He lost twice tho to Bowe, Foreman was in his 40's, Mike Tyson was a good win but what else, he was also beat by Morrer who is a light heavyweight

Comment

He lost twice tho to Bowe, Foreman was in his 40's, Mike Tyson was a good win but what else, he was also beat by Morrer who is a light heavyweight
            Dude please stop.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Dude please stop.
              Stop stating facts? lol, Holyfield has to be the most overrate fighter, I don't understand why anyone would place him as an top 5 Heavyweight, being dominate comes first, not losing to John Ruiz and Riddick Bowe

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                [/B]

In the first fight Lewis out landed 348 punches to 130, no one can argue a draw

Comment

Stop stating facts? lol, Holyfield has to be the most overrate fighter, I don't understand why anyone would place him as an top 5 Heavyweight, being dominate comes first, not losing to John Ruiz and Riddick Bowe
                  Holyfield wins:

Holmes
                  Foreman
                  Douglas
                  Cooper
                  Moore
                  Stewart
                  Mercer
                  Tyson (2)
                  Ruiz
                  Rahman

Should have had Valuev at the grand age of near 50. Had trilogies with bowe (all competitive), Ruiz (all competitive) at 40+, had 2 good fights with Lewis, fought everyone and beat everyone except for Lewis.

Your last sentence reveals your level of boxing knowledge. you speak like a novice.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    Holyfield wins:

Holmes
                    Foreman
                    Douglas
                    Cooper
                    Moore
                    Stewart
                    Mercer
                    Tyson (2)
                    Ruiz
                    Rahman

Should have had Valuev at the grand age of near 50. Had trilogies with bowe (all competitive), Ruiz (all competitive) at 40+, had 2 good fights with Lewis, fought everyone and beat everyone except for Lewis.

Your last sentence reveals your level of boxing knowledge. you speak like a novice.
                    With all respect I understand your opinion but I disagree that Holyfield is top 5 heavyweight maybe top 10. From all the names you mentoined the only good fighter there is Mike Tyson

Comment

Working...
                    X