No announcement yet.

Did Mike Mahar resign from EA FNC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Mike Mahar resign from EA FNC?

Rumor on the FNC Forums is that Mike resigned (or was canned). And his twitter says something about a new office. I was curious, I hope if the game is coming crashing down they just revert it to the original and call it good.

If Mike has moved on, i'm sure he's learned that the 5% of crazy ass whiners on the forums shouldn't dictate how you make a game... Leave that up to the developers.

they should all be fired. I've never seen a game in my life so screwed up by a patch before. Patches are intended to make games better not worse!

Seriously, this game had so much potential. When it first came out I honestly believed it was the best fight night game to date. Then the patch came and almost everything I loved about it was ruined and a whole list of bad things came with it.

Comment

I don't think they'll get fired so much as this is probably the last Fight Night we're going to see. From what I gather, sales weren't that great. I don't know how much of that has to do with the patch, but I imagine alot of people were talked out of buying the game when they realised they never could be sure what they'd get. I feel bad for my brother, I talked him in to buying the game, and 2 days later they launched that crappy patch that killed the 1 punch ko, and the damage, and made everything go 10 boring rounds. Made me look like a jackass that was all hyped about a weak ass game.

I sucks, cos for a few weeks we had an awesome boxing game. It needed tweaked in a few areas, but every game does. I figured they'd look at peoples suggestions and possibly tweak a couple things, but mostly just fix exploits in the online game. I didn't realise they'd tried to overhaul the game with tuners, had I known that, i'd have wished everyone just kept their mouth shut until wishlish FNC2.

Comment

They have well and truely ****ed this game. When i first started playing not long after release day there was never any less then 10 thousand users online, when i played the game last night there was 1800.

These patches have scared people away and i don't think they will ever come back no matter what EA do now.

Sad really as this was a great game on release day. It needed some minor tweeks here and there but they went overboard and royally ****ed this game up.

Sad thing is after this mess i do think this will be the last Fight Night as the series was apparently on life support before FNC come out.

Comment

^^I agree.

And I do think there will be another Fight Night I just doubt EA Canada will have anything to do with it. Bring back EA Chicago or some other division.

Comment

i miss 1pko's...

Comment

What did the patch do? I did not update my FNC atm.

Comment

Fight Night Round 3 is the best the series will ever do - but that was at a much differnet time, when game releases for next gen was MUCH bigger than they are now...

I think they need to rebrand the series...one of the reasons I loved it was because it glorified the sport, the money, the music, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
                  Fight Night Round 3 is the best the series will ever do - but that was at a much differnet time, when game releases for next gen was MUCH bigger than they are now...

I think they need to rebrand the series...one of the reasons I loved it was because it glorified the sport, the money, the music, etc.
                  Also Burger King floor mats lol

Comment

no to ea chicago, they are overrated and no to ea canada they are lazy, we need some fresh blood who want a sim boxing game, period. Some fresh dedicated blood to making a sim experience.

Comment

Working...
                    X