Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Golovkin walks through Canelo??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    So Canelo countered an older, smaller and past prime Cotto and still couldn't hurt him.

Canelo countered and made Trout miss and people still argue that Trout won.

I'm convinced now. Canelo knocks out lil G in 3.
    i think that 5 is more realistic ,5 after uppercat fallowed by left hook to the body.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Nothing to do with his power, everything to do with his high ring IQ and the fact that he has no flaws in his game. Canelo will get grinded up like hamburguesa.
      No flaw so in his game? "Are u Siri is?"

I see your view, let's just leave it at that

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      High ring IQ? Which fight? That's not to say he doesn't. But he hasn't been in the ring against a thinker.
      Wade, Monroe Jr, Rubio, etc... pick one, his incredibly high ring IQ was at full display during those difficult Rubik's cube styles.

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
      Trout is tiny. Name the best fighter his own size Canelo beat? Angulo? Lol.
      I'm damn near textless at this point.

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
      So Canelo countered an older, smaller and past prime Cotto and still couldn't hurt him.

Canelo countered and made Trout miss and people still argue that Trout won.

I'm convinced now. Canelo knocks out lil G in 3.
      GGG KO'd iron chinned Ishida, Rubio, Lemieux, Rosado, Wade, Monroe Jr and a welterweight in Brook. Ok, I'm convinced GGG knocks Canelo out in 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post

Wade, Monroe Jr, Rubio, etc... pick one, his incredibly high ring IQ was at full display during those difficult Rubik's cube styles.

I'm damn near textless at this point.

GGG KO'd iron chinned Ishida, Rubio, Lemieux, Rosado, Wade, Monroe Jr and a welterweight in Brook. Ok, I'm convinced GGG knocks Canelo out in 3.
        It was mostly ref stoppages ,he hits hard but is not some Julian Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          A high IQ isn't measured by your ability to ace grade-school level tests. I asked for specific examples of this proof of high IQ for a reason. A good boxing brain? Sure. High IQ? Let's not get carried away. How about we actually see it tested first?
          ring IQ isn't the same as standardized IQ.

An elite opponent can put your ring IQ on display, but that isn't necessarily the case because it really depends on the style clash, among other things.

I can idenfity your ring IQ by analyzing you in the ring. What you do and when you do it, and why. That's non-oppponent specific. It doesn't have to "work" against a certain person for it to be a strong point in your arsenal.

For example: being selective with your punches - not "showing your full hand" so to speak. Wlad was very good at this. So was Floyd. That's a sign of high ring IQ.

Countless fighters out there, many of them better than I, have no idea how to think in the ring, or worse, don't know what to do with the information that is coming during the fight.

It's like chess, and that's a common analogy for a reason: you are producing actions physically but if you aren't being driven by the right mental processes then you are just reacting, and your success isn't determined by your approach as much as luck and sheer strength or other variables.

Choosing how to fight your opponent conciously and making concious decisions of what to do/not to do with a particular opponent (GGG vs Macklin / GGG vs Brook) is another sign of high ring IQ. Do you fight everyone the same or do you tailor your gameplan according to who you fight? Floyd also excelled at this.

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post

No flaws in his game. Show me one. Name me one.

Don't point at a singular instance where he got punched. All fighters get hit, that isn't a sign of porous defense.

Don't point to a singular instance where he was off balance either. He is one of the most on-balance fighters I have ever seen, all fighters can be caught off balance in a heated exchange - it isn't a stance flaw or a lack of fundamentals - it's freaking combat ffs, and some purposely do sacrifice balance - I do this for specific punches, I call it "fully committing".
          Last edited by LoadedWraps; 11-03-2016, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

An elite opponent can put your ring IQ on display, but that isn't necessarily the case because it really depends on the style clash, among other things.

I can idenfity your ring IQ by analyzing you in the ring. What you do and when you do it, and why. That's non-oppponent specific. It doesn't have to "work" against a certain person for it to be a strong point in your arsenal.

For example: being selective with your punches - not "showing your full hand" so to speak. Wlad was very good at this. So was Floyd. That's a sign of high ring IQ.

Countless fighters out there, many of them better than I, have no idea how to think in the ring, or worse, don't know what to do with the information that is coming during the fight.

It's like chess, and that's a common analogy for a reason: you are producing actions physically but if you aren't being driven by the right mental processes then you are just reacting, and your success isn't determined by your approach as much as luck and sheer strength or other variables.

Choosing how to fight your opponent conciously and making concious decisions of what to do/not to do with a particular opponent (GGG vs Macklin / GGG vs Brook) is another sign of high ring IQ. Do you fight everyone the same or do you tailor your gameplan according to who you fight? Floyd also excelled at this.
            I've seen too many boxers who looked like they had a good ring IQ turn into robots or short circuit when they were actually forced to think in there. I haven't seen Golovkin forced to go beyond anything north of rudimentary, anything I wouldn't expect from an accomplished amateur and pro. I'd rather see him tested first. We'll just agree to disagree.

Comment

Because if you notice, all of those clips involve him failing to turn or pivot or move in any way after the fact, and in one of them, he even gets caught with a very good hook from Cotto after playing slick, while the other ones he was able to exploit Cotto's short reach. Getting tagged with shots like this one that Cotto lands from Golovkin while backing yourself into the ropes is a recipie for not good things.

You can look slick and make 5 shots miss, but if you get clipped like this at the end, it was all for nothing.

And if you notice, the flurry in this one ended with 3 solid shots from cotto. Right to the body behind the elbow, left to the body, and left to the head.

Defense isn't just making punches miss and looking flash, its putting yourself in the better position after all is said and done, and Canelo for his flash and upper body movement often ends up in the same position he was in before.
              Last edited by !! Shawn; 11-03-2016, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
                Because of the styles , its nothing against Canelo personally. GGG is as big as him if not bigger and canelo has very slow feet. That plays right into GGG's hands and style, he will be able to trap him very easy and canelo wont be able to escape. He will be forced to gain GGG's respect and fight fire with fire and i dont think canelo wins that type of fight against the much more powerful guy who probably has a better chin too. Canelo will probably have some success but ultimately takes a beating or gets Kod.
                This.

Canelo's feet are his downfall.

He doesn't have the feet to get away from GGG, and that puts him right in GGG's wheelhouse of methodically taking him apart offensively.

Since people still dont seem to understand that GGG is a trap layer and not some come forward brawler that just goes and bangs guys out.

That means Canelo will be there all night for GGG to set up traps. He will never have to go looking for Canelo, and if Canelo tries to move, his own offense will be completely neutralized, and Canelo is a fighter that needs to set his feet to punch.

GGG is not, and simply because GGG has SOOO much better footwork than Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                  Exactly. If Canelo stands his ground and fights inside he has a chance. But Canelo has a habit of backing up when pressured and that is the absolute worst thing you can do with GGG. You let him walk you down and stay in that mid range area and your in his wheel house. Nothing but bad things for Canelo if he gets pushed around.
                  There is zero chance GGG would stand and fight inside when he knows he has the advantage keeping Canelo infront of him and picking him apart slowly from range, and forcing Canelo to make this mistakes since Canelo is the one who will be at the disadvantage due to lacking the footwork to be able to mount any kind of outside game of his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                    But having quick feet isnt how you beat a guy like GGG. If you notice he does well against guys that move well. GGG needs space to be effective. Someone with Canelos style is actually how you beat GGG but I for one dont think Canelo is the guy to do it and I think conditioning will be the factor.
                    You need fast feet if you want to crowd someone. GGG isn't going to just march foward into Canelo's prefered range, he will use his feet to get to his prefered range.

Thats why Canelos slow feet will lose him the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

No flaws in his game. Show me one. Name me one.

Don't point at a singular instance where he got punched. All fighters get hit, that isn't a sign of porous defense.

Don't point to a singular instance where he was off balance either. He is one of the most on-balance fighters I have ever seen, all fighters can be caught off balance in a heated exchange - it isn't a stance flaw or a lack of fundamentals - it's freaking combat ffs, and some purposely do sacrifice balance - I do this for specific punches, I call it "fully committing".
                      1 flew is being sucker to uppercut (wide guard ),2 if you start to throw on him he dont trade he let you finish,3rd weak inside game very weak ,4 he can be hit in between moves when coming in ,5 easy to counter (he can counter back pretty good will give him that ),i would never talk about single punch from fight as a flew ,im not stiupid troll ,the worst is inside game imo he looks clueless at Times.Say if you agree or not and why

Comment

Working...
                      X