Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did rapping, acting and b ball cause a decline in rjj career, if so why not manny?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bhayes21151 View Post
    both fighters arguably the best athletes boxing has ever seen...however many ppl argue that rjj acting rapping and basketball playing caused that 180 in his boxing career. my question is why not pac? he sings, acts, hoops, and he's a politician! yet his career(boxing) is on fire! can't really say one is more gifted than the other athletic wise, so what's the deal... your thoughts.... btw roy, that one scene in the matrix sucked!
    You mean 360 right?

Comment

Originally posted by HTownTexan View Post
      This is exactly what Antonio McDyess said too....
      That is only the most widely agree theory among everybody

Comment

Some people can multitask... others can't. Now time to wait for people to say Pacquiao uses PED's for that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Achille View Post
          Cosign and agree with this. Roy was never same after the drop down in weight; the damage was done killing his body to get back down for the first Tarver fight. All his key attributes (speed & reflexes) diminished, RJJ no longer had the cat like reaction time which we saw him do time and time again prior to the move to HW.
          all this makes perfect sense no doubt.... my arguement is manny...he has jump around in weight....u saying if he drops down a division he gets 2nd rd ko'd by a no name bum like tarver..... why didn't tarver ko roy there first fight? roy biggest prob was roy's ego.....

Comment

Originally posted by -MARKAVELLI- View Post
            You mean 360 right?
            nah I had it right the first time homie...180 means the opposite of ur current direction...in geometry its considered a straight line, half of that is 90, that is consider a right triangle.... 360 is considered a circle which means roy would have fell off and circled his career back to dominance which he clearly hasn't done.....k..... k. (highschool 101)

Comment

Originally posted by bhayes21151 View Post
              nah I had it right the first time homie...180 means the opposite of ur current direction...in geometry its considered a straight line, half of that is 90, that is consider a right triangle.... 360 is considered a circle which means roy would have fell off and circled his career back to dominance which he clearly hasn't done.....k..... k. (highschool 101)
              LMFAO! I seen some many people say "and his life [or whatever] just did a complete 360" when they meant to say 180.

RJJ just got older and lost his athletic ability, can't box forever you know. Although I think that is what RJJ is trying to do I guess.

Comment

Both arguably the best athletes ever seen?

I don't know what world you live, but Manny isn't anything close to being arguably the best athlete boxing has ever seen. Why do people insist on thinking, saying and believing such absurd notions?

First he's the greatest fighter ever, after beating a couple of HOFers, next he's the hardest puncher ever, next he has the best footwork, now he's the best athlete boxing has ever seen?

Roy Jones I can understand, but Manny? There are a lot of much, much greater athletes than Pac in boxing. He's a better fighter, but he isn't close to being anywhere near the best athlete. He's not even nearly the best athlete of his era.

When will the madness stop?

Anyway, Jones (and this is so well documented it has become boring) was 35 and had to lose about 20 pounds of muscle. It goes without saying that it would affect you. He then had to fight an opponent who was clearly a bad style match up for him on top of that.

Let's wait until Manny is 35 before we start talking about what he's done that Jones couldn't. He's still in his prime and he's not having to lose weight like Jones. I doubt we're going to see Pac go from 147 back down to 126 any time soon. But, if he was 35 years old and went all the way back down to one of the lower weights like 126, 130, 135 then we'd probably see something very similar to what happened to Jones Jr, or what happened to Oscar against Pac, and Morales against Pac etc. That kills you.
                Last edited by BennyST; 10-28-2011, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  Some people can multitask... others can't. Now time to wait for people to say Pacquiao uses PED's for that too.
                  Well it should be pretty obvious to anyone with a half a brain that he's clearly on something. Or at least has been at some point.

Comment

There are a lot of differences too tho, starting with training and conditioning. Throw in the fact that RJJ fights at the higher weight, taking harder punches. Plus Manny has a chin!

Comment

Please never again compare RJJ's athletic ability to pac

Comment

Working...
                      X